Successful Trip to Asheville NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xernex

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Just spent the weekend in Asheville with the wife. We drove down for a concert at the orange peel (Jimmy Eat World) and of course to take in a few breweries. As soon as we got into town I went to Wicked Weed, then Green Man, then Burial, then over to Tasty Beverage...then things got foggy...

Friends from NYC flew in for the show as well, and we did the Funkatorium tour on Sunday - after brunch at Tupelo Honey, then finally the show. Man what a blast.

:mug:

Ohh and some stuff followed me home.

WW.jpg

If you only hit those 4 breweries, you will have to go back and hit the other 11 or so.

I enjoy having that place only an hour's drive away. Wicked Weed/Funkatorium are my favorite but I've had good beer at a number of others.

If you only hit those 4 breweries, you will have to go back and hit the other 11 or so.

I enjoy having that place only an hour's drive away. Wicked Weed/Funkatorium are my favorite but I've had good beer at a number of others.

The wife isn't a beer drinker and we had a ton of plans, so I didn't push my luck.

Enjoy that Black Angel. It's one of my all time favorites. La Mure Morte is damn good as well. El Paraiso is one of my favorite coffee beers as well, just don't sit on it too long. I opened one the other night that was at least a year old and the coffee was almost gone. Still great, but very little coffee.

I'm a huge fan of the Black Angel - I've got more of it, too, but never had the chance for the Chocolate covered before - looking forward to cracking that one open.

Nice haul!

I'd need two days just for the funkatorium. Well, let's call it the first and last day of a multiple day trip.

Nice haul!

I'd need two days just for the funkatorium. Well, let's call it the first and last day of a multiple day trip.

I love Funka. For the longest time it was my absolute favorite stop in AVL. But lately I've been enjoying Burial more. They've been killing it lately. It also sucks at Funka on the weekend because they usually only do a set flight. And I like getting flights to get as much variety as possible. I guess I understand why they only do one set flight on a Saturday, just sucks.

A bunch of us went during last years' Superbowl and went back again the same weekend and still only touched the surface. Man that's a great beer town!
I enjoyed Burial and Wicked Weed the most but don't pass up the great tours at New Belgium and Sierra Nevada. Amazing places.

I still think the Asheville Brewing Company is the best craft brewery there for the quality/price..Those guys do alot of small batch unique stuff that is absolutely great beer, its priced very reasonably (NOT overpriced) and the food/environment is just awesome..

I tell my wife all the time..I would trade you for a case of Ninjabread Man Porter ANYTIME.

Went up there around this time last year for a beercation. Asheville is an amazing place. Even thought about moving there, til I found the only real industry there is tourism. It's starting to grow into more than just a resort town but it's still a few years off. The breweries though are killing it. Really enjoyed Wicked Weed and Burial.

Hey your in my neck of the woods. I live in JC. Dont think ive ever come across anyone from tri cities on here.

I dont do the HB club thing but enjoy the hombrew bottle share at JC Brewing. If youd be interested in an invite let me know. Cheers.

Back