Who knows Asheville??? Advice from traders wanted.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadConPana

Reaction score
Heading to Asheville from SWFL in 2 weeks.

Green Man, Wicked Weed and the Big 3 (SN, OB, and NB) are definites.

Since we're driving up, we are planning on bringing back a pretty huge supply of hard to find stuff. While I'm sure a lot of it will be local NC brews, I was hoping that the beer culture there might also mean greater availability of hard to find stuff from other states. Would I be able to find things like 3 Floyds' or Firestone Walker, etc. somewhere in town?

I don't ever trade, but I would be interested in hearing from North Carolinians who do. What beers that are easier to find in NC, do outsiders look for. I would love to bring some back home. Again, to drink, not to trade.

you want to go to Fonta Flora in Morgantown, NC. Amazing stuff. Very desirable to those who cant get it.

You want to go to Fonta Flora in Morgantown, NC.

Sounds great, but it would be a 2 hour round trip plus sobering up time before heading back. That'll eat up at least half of a day. Considering that we probably won't have time to hit all of the great places in Asheville that are within "Uber distance".

That, and the main advice I'm looking for regards bottles and cans I can fill the trunk with.

I second burial and Fanta flora. Wicked weed's funkatorium is worth visiting too.

I like highlands too, but all there stuff is pretty available.

Bruisin' Ales ships beer if you want to save yourself some trouble buying NC distro: http://www.bruisin-ales.com/beerblo...nal-beer-dinner-with-author-stephen-beaumont/

Regarding breweries to hit, Funkatorium and Burial are ones I try to hit. Sierra Nevada is a beer mecca if you want to make the trip (schedule a tour at least a month in advance if that's something you're interested in). Zebulon is a great up and coming spot (former sour brewer from Green Man). There is a bottle shop between Burial and Funkatorium. Those are all a stones throw from each other. Green Man is there too.

We don't get Firestone or FFF distro in NC. You can check seek-a-brew.com to see what all we get.

Wicked Weed probably carries the most trade value. Fonta Flora probably carries similar weight with traders in the know, but they are still a very small outfit (bottle releases are generally only a couple hundred bottles).

Latest posts

Back