Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbrewster

Reaction score
I wanted to thank all of you who have helped me through my first, very stressful, batch of beer. You may remember me. The guy with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone who didn't know to cool the wort and added his yeist at 90 deg after letting the wort cool at room temperature/uncovered for nine hours? The guy that added ALL of his hops at the beginning of the boil, forgetting the dry hopping and the last 15 min hopping? The guy who bottled after only eight days in the primary (no secondary)? The guy who only left his beer in the bottles for seven days then decided to try one? Yeah, that's me and guess what. It looks tastes BETTER than real Sierra Nevada!!! A little darker and a ton hoppier! I can't imagine how good this beer could be if I did everything right next time. Well, thanks again guys and happy brewing!

P.S. I tried to add a picture with the "insert picture" button here but it requested an URL?? Why doesn't it request a location/extension like most email attachment programs?

I think I figured the picture thing out. Try going to my link to my picasa page below...
http://picasaweb.google.com/bobbybloss/HomebrewPics/photo#5222720590681771154

well, you pressed the wrong button. the yello mountain thingy is the picture post button. Congrats on the brew!!!

well, you pressed the wrong button. the yello mountain thingy is the picture post button.

Yeah that's the one I tried and it says "please enter the URL of your image". I have the picture on my computer (i.e... C:/mycomputer/desktop/firstbrew.jpeg) not some internet URL. Any info? Thanks

Yeah that's the one I tried and it says "please enter the URL of your image". I have the picture on my computer (i.e... C:/mycomputer/desktop/firstbrew.jpeg) not some internet URL. Any info? Thanks

That's for images already hosted somewhere, if you want to upload an attachment like an email, you click on the paperclip that is just above and to the left.

Edit: Nevermind I guess you have to pay for that.

I wanted to thank all of you who have helped me through my first, very stressful, batch of beer. You may remember me. The guy with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone who didn't know to cool the wort and added his yeist at 90 deg after letting the wort cool at room temperature/uncovered for nine hours? The guy that added ALL of his hops at the beginning of the boil, forgetting the dry hopping and the last 15 min hopping? The guy who bottled after only eight days in the primary (no secondary)? The guy who only left his beer in the bottles for seven days then decided to try one? Yeah, that's me and guess what. It looks tastes BETTER than real Sierra Nevada!!! A little darker and a ton hoppier! I can't imagine how good this beer could be if I did everything right next time. Well, thanks again guys and happy brewing!
As much as we fret, beer can be pretty forgiving huh? Congrats!

P.S. I tried to add a picture with the "insert picture" button here but it requested an URL?? Why doesn't it request a location/extension like most email attachment programs?
I think you have to be a paying member to post pics?

Congrats on the beer. But as for the pics, you, like me, not being supporting members (yet, I really plan on it tho), have to have another site host our pics. If you will get an account at Photobucket.com then upload your pics there, then you can post them here, using IMG Code.

Is that a FROSTY mug? Come on! Frosty mugs are for newbs! :D

Seriously though, congrats dude. I certainly hope I'm as happy with my first batches as you are with yours. :mug:

Is that a FROSTY mug? Come on! Frosty mugs are for newbs! :D
:mug:

Thank you. Same to you. On the frosty mug thing... I'm curious what's wrong with a frosty mug? Does it hurt the taste or carbonation of the beer? The only thing I thought it did was help keep your beer colder longer if you don't like to guzzle it all in 2 minutes. Thank guys.

Thank you. Same to you. On the frosty mug thing... I'm curious what's wrong with a frosty mug? Does it hurt the taste or carbonation of the beer? The only thing I thought it did was help keep your beer colder longer if you don't like to guzzle it all in 2 minutes. Thank guys.

Yeah, it hurts the taste of beer... because it makes it colder. It would be no different that serving wine in a frosted glass or champagne. It hides the aroma profile and will withold much of its flavor. THere's nothing wrong with it, it just prevents you from tasting the beer.

Here's some general guidelines I found on the web.
- fruit beers at 40-50° F.
- wheat beers and pale lagers at 45-50° F.
- pale ales and amber or dark lagers at 50-55° F.
- strong ales, such as barley wines and Belgian ales, at 50-55° F.
- dark ales, including porters and stouts, at 55-60° F.

That said, I susally keep a mug in my freezer for those times I need something to beat the heat. I just don't share that information with my beer expert friends.

Yeah all my buds look at me funny when I don't want to burry my stout in the ice or drink it warm.

Back