Success!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaylessBrewer

Reaction score
Looks good!! What was your first beer??

The nasty shat that came with a Mr Beer kit. I tried and tried to drink it but no luck. Matter of fact I tried two bottles a week for 5 weeks and they all tasted the same. Horrible!
So I was determined to brew a beer I would like and I thought "wheat" because I love wheat beers. Glad I did.
Been doing some research on the next favorite (drinking a lot) and I am tied with English Brown ale and west coast ipa

The nasty shat that came with a Mr Beer kit. I tried and tried to drink it but no luck. Matter of fact I tried two bottles a week for 5 weeks and they all tasted the same. Horrible!
So I was determined to brew a beer I would like and I thought "wheat" because I love wheat beers. Glad I did.
Been doing some research on the next favorite (drinking a lot) and I am tied with English Brown ale and west coast ipa

Get the ingredients for both, toss a coin for which to do first, then do the other.

It is great to have many styles to choose from.

At one point I had 12 different beers of a lot of styles to choose from. I would put a few bottles of each in the fridge all at the same time. I could then go to the fridge... think... Do I fell like having a Porter, an English Pale Ale, a Belgian, or an American IPA?

I did a 5 year old Mr. Beer kit for my first one. I threw out the yeast and bought some safale us-05 dry yeast. The maltodextrin "booster" that comes with it was like a brick so I got a pound of DME to substitute. It was surprisingly not too bad. It got me interested in making beer at least.

Back