Stuck Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homegrownSoIL

Reaction score
Hey friends,

Need a little advice. I've got about 8 batches under my belt, and just when I think I know something about winemaking, life happens.

I started a 5 gallon batch of blueberry wine about 10 days ago. Standard Jack Keller recipe except I'm using an K1V-1116 Starting SG 1.092.

I racked it to the secondary two days ago, and the SG was 1.060. Today, it is still at 1.060. Total acidity is 0.3% tartaric. My airlock gurgles about 35/min.

It is still super sweet to the taste (which it should be at that SG) and the airlock is bubbling - so the yeast is doing something. Should I wait it out, or is there something I need to be doing right away?

Thanks in advance for your advice. :mug: :rockin:

What temp is the fermentation at? You can try warming it a little, also, have you added any yeast nutrients?

It's at 63 F, and I did add nutrient.

In re-reading my post, I noticed I wasn't very clear about the airlock. It gurgles at about 35/minute after I shake it a little. It dies off again within the hour.

the temperature range for this yeast is 50° and 95°F, I'd give it a good stir to get the yeast back in suspension, and raise the temps to at least 75° -80°.
Keep us posted!

Back