Strange bottle condition - do I dispose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cro Magnon

Reaction score
I bottled my wheat ale (American/Belgian/German hybrid Ihavenoideawhat) and left it to condition for 5 days. It's pretty warm where I am. Now two things have happened. 1) The beer seems to have cleared a bit, but it's lost the characteristic cloudiness of a wheat beer. 2) In one of the bigger PET bottles which I used, I noticed the level had gone done...then I saw it was because the bottom of the bottle has expanded because of the pressure I guess. I v'e attached pics to show the clarity and the expanded bottom. Do I need to consider disposing? Whole batch?Just the one bottle? Or nothing?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
I wouldn't dispose it...conditioning allows the yeast to drop...all my American wheat beers eventually clear...so it doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me.

Did you taste it and smell it? Anything off?

I wouldn't dispose it...conditioning allows the yeast to drop...all my American wheat beers eventually clear...so it doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me.

Did you taste it and smell it? Anything off?
Thanks, that's kind off a relief....haven't tasted it yet cos I just put it in the fridge to chill. Will post an update when I do! And what about the bottom-puffy bottle?

Thanks, that's kind off a relief....haven't tasted it yet cos I just put it in the fridge to chill. Will post an update when I do! And what about the bottom-puffy bottle?

Looks like yeast that dropped out to be honest...nothing to be concerned about!

Back