stout faucet recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apl_seed

apl_seed
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a nitro set-up for my kegerator and need some recommendations on stout faucets. There are a lot of choices out there and the reviews don't help that much. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Micro Matic stout faucet - it's a war club of stainless steel with a plastic spout with the restrictor plate and flow straightener therein. Pours perfectly at 35 psi (75/25 beer gas), the only issue is it will drip for a bit without a careful wipe of glass rim to spout to wick out the beer (though I've come to understand that's typical of stout faucets)...

Cheers!

I’m very happy with my taprite faucet. It is all stainless, including the spout (the flow straightener inside is the only plastic part excluding gaskets). I carb at 7 psi and push with 28 psi of 75%-25% beer gas on a 9 foot liquid line.

You’re going to love the new set up!

I’m very happy with my taprite faucet. It is all stainless, including the spout (the flow straightener inside is the only plastic part excluding gaskets). I carb at 7 psi and push with 28 psi of 75%-25% beer gas on a 9 foot liquid line.

You’re going to love the new set up!
So you just set it at 7 psi for a couple weeks to carb up?

Yes, sometimes I'll do that. Other times I'll put it at 14 psi for 12 hours, then purge the pressure and set it at 7 psi. It's ready to go on beer gas in three or four days.

Back