Storing un-carbonated beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbs

Reaction score
G'day guys, I had a quick search but couldn't find the info I needed,

Here's my question if I had a finished un-carbonated beer would it be possible to store it as is in a airtight container (c02 purged) until I was ready to keg and carbonate it? Would it need to be refrigerated or cool dark place?

The reason I ask is I would like
To have ready to go brews to keg when needed and that way I would always have beer and could just keep brewing them up and storing them .

Cheers for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How long are you talking about? It would depend on how long your rotations would be. If you are talking a month, 6 weeks, 8 weeks..... I would just pick up a couple of extra fermentation vessels and leave the beer in the primary undisturbed once fermentation is complete. Don't expose it to oxygen and it should be good for a while. I, personally, would prefer to keep it below 68 degrees F....... you could refrigerate as well.

You might as well break down and get some more kegs. They store more easily and when you're ready to carb up, there ya go. Just keep as cool as possible in the mean time.

Back