Storing bottles/filing cabinets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
In a heroic effort to get my garage come brewery tidy n useable I've got a couple of standard office 4 draw filing cabinets to store my bottles. ( Freecycle rules)

Now before anybody says Corny's I like bottles and my Corny either leaks or throws a contaminant or when it's in a good mood does both, so for the time being I heart bottles!

Crates took up much to much space I can get 30 to 40 bottles per draw but I'd like to pick your brains, there is one issue I'm not on top of yet falling bottles.

When the draws are full obviously the bottles stay upright but a half full draw is another matter, Coopers bottles are especially prone to having a lie down with 330ml/12 oz types following a close second.

Other than being careful to open and close draws slowly is there any thing I can do that won't loose me storage space?

Atb. Aamcle

In a heroic effort to get my garage come brewery tidy n useable I've got a couple of standard office 4 draw filing cabinets to store my bottles. ( Freecycle rules)

Now before anybody says Corny's I like bottles and my Corny either leaks or throws a contaminant or when it's in a good mood does both, so for the time being I heart bottles!

Crates took up much to much space I can get 30 to 40 bottles per draw but I'd like to pick your brains, there is one issue I'm not on top of yet falling bottles.

When the draws are full obviously the bottles stay upright but a half full draw is another matter, Coopers bottles are especially prone to having a lie down with 330ml/12 oz types following a close second.

Other than being careful to open and close draws slowly is there any thing I can do that won't loose me storage space?

Atb. Aamcle

Use the six pack carriers. They should fit so many per drawer. That's what I do with bottled beer in my keezer. The baskets in my keezer can hold three sixers easy, so I don't see why a filing cabinet would be any different.

There is an older thread where some folks have bought used filing cabinets/legal cabinets for that very reason. I have a two drawer I got from work that I plan on using.

BOOM! Found the topic (link)

Back