Storage Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudest

Reaction score
Here is my first attempt 2.5 gal apple juice 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup corn sugar, s04. Campden and pot. sorbate .Back sweeten with concentrate. I dont have any fridge room but my base stays about 65 deg. Question is how long could I store this in my keg at this temp? Thanmks.

Here is my first attempt 2.5 gal apple juice 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup corn sugar, s04. Campden and pot. sorbate .Back sweeten with concentrate. I dont have any fridge room but my base stays about 65 deg. Question is how long could I store this in my keg at this temp? Thanmks.

Assuming it was done, and then stabilized? I don't know- it might start to deteriorate after a year or two, at that temperature, depending on the ABV and if it had any oxidation during the transfers.

Hi Yoop
I probably could have fermented it longer I got sick of waiting. 1.004. Added the potassium and waited 24 hours I'm about to back sweeten my 2.5 gal with I bottle unfrozen apple conc. And keg at 63/67 in my basement, Am I correct in assuming the fermentation will stop with the additives.

My understanding is that potassium sorbate doesn't kill the yeast, it merely stops it from dividing, which means that there will still be active yeast in your cider. I've added it to stop fermentation before, with no noticeable difference.

Back