Stone IPA-like

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a bunch of recipes, one by Edwort, for making this... I find a pretty big difference between it on tap, vs. the bottle. I can't think of any that are similar, due to the fact that I think that stone is fairly golden in color and low in the roasted malts. I think that you are just gonna have to start trying what is available until you find what you like, or order online?

Stone's IPA is an all centennial finished beer, so Balast Point big eye IPA is a centennial beer, as is Bells Two Hearted Ale. They certainly won't be clones of each other but a similair hop character should be present.

I am going to try the EdWort's recipe for sure. The thing that I like about Stone is it finishes really dry. I haven't found one that finishes that dry. I don't know, maybe it has just been too long since I had one from Stone.

Back