Stone Cali-Belgique clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I calculated the priming sugar for 2.4 vols.
Is 3 days in the bottle now and already a decent amount of gas.
I'll just have to behave myself and try to wait for a least a week before I try one :mug:

So I calculated the priming sugar for 2.4 vols.
Is 3 days in the bottle now and already a decent amount of gas.
I'll just have to behave myself and try to wait for a least a week before I try one :mug:

Becareful of bottle bombs. Most normal commercial bottles cannot take that much pressure.

Well I have no will power and tried one of these after only 4 days in the bottle. :eek:

A bit flat of course but it already tastes surprisingly good.
I can tell I’m really going to like this one when it’s finished.
I'll post a picture when it is that far.

:tank:

Wish I had a bottle of the original to compare.:(

I don't think that's true--that's a pretty standard carb volume for bottled beer. I wouldn't worry until it's well above 3.

I asked this same question a month ago as I bottled a Belgian blonde that called for 3.5 volumes of co2. Most commercial bottles are rated for 2.5 vols but can handle higher amounts safely. What is the upper limit? That I don't know but 2.4 should be ok.

I guess its like most things. The actual limit is higher than the rated limit for safety.

So 3 weeks in the bottle now.
It tastes really good, refreshing with a mild bitterness, a little bit fruity and some Belgian funk. Nothing too overpowering just a well balanced light bodied beer. At 7.2% it packs a punch though :drunk:
Still no idea how it compares to the original.
I like the grain bill with this yeast but I rarely brew the exact same beer twice. I think I'll give it a go again keeping the IBUs the same and using Magnum for bittering again but swapping out the Chinook and Centennial with Amarillo and Strisselspalt. With such a long "too brew" list it might take a while though.
I'll just enjoy the 30 or so bottles left of this brew before I think about that though :p :tank:

Here's a pic of one I'm drinking right now :mug:

10pt5cl.jpg

Back