Stirred and warmed, still stuck at 1.02

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamopie2

Reaction score
My Dunkelweizen has been in the primary over 2 weeks, and is still stuck at 1.02.

I checked it at day 10 then again at day 12 at is was 1.022. I posted on here and the guidance was to give it a gentle stir and maybe warm it up a couple degrees. I did both, went from 68 to 70 and gave it a gentle stir.

There was a little bit of airlock activity so i waited it out about 5 days and rechecked. It is still at 1.02

What should i do at this point?

Oh, its a Brewers Best Dunkelweizen and i pitched WLP380.
OG was 1.052

BierMuncher, What does All-grain or extract have to do with it? Just curious.

Shouldn't we be looking for what his OG was, I guessing around 1.08?

It was an extract kit.

My OG was 1.052.

The only thing i am worried about is bottle bombs. Will i be okay with my FG? Thanks again

not familiar with brewer's best, but that is only 62% apparent attenuation.

it won't hurt to rouse again and let it sit another week. i never bottle before 3 weeks (yes even for hefeweizens and dunkelweizens, which are my specialty ;))

the only thing i would say is if it used laaglander or other extract with lots of unfermentables...that would leave you with a high FG

BierMuncher, What does All-grain or extract have to do with it? Just curious.

Shouldn't we be looking for what his OG was, I guessing around 1.08?

Extract kits rarely attenuate as fully as a all grain brews.

As far as bottle bombs...not likely. IF your beer is done fermenting in the fermenter, there's nothing to say it will start refermenting in bottles. I'd say get the ambient temperature up to 72-74 and give it another week. Once the OG is locked for 3-4 days...bottle it.

So no bottle bombs, haha? I just dont see this batch going down any further.

So no bottle bombs, haha? I just dont see this batch going down any further.

Wait another week. No need to hurry. Jostle the fermentor to rouse the yeast.

Make sure the temp is in the mid range, if not jostle again wait another week.

There is no need to hurry this sob up. Buy a good micro and clean bottles!!

Back