• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

stc1000 type ebay controllers. 220v

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsiddall

Reaction score
So the ebay seller sent wrong ones and I cant get ahold of him for an exchange. I have two of these for sale. they are currently listed on EBAy for 35.00 for the pair. I dont know if anyone is interested in these as we most all have 110 service on the home. Any input on where else to list these would be great too. I did however find a step up transformer for 110 to 220 twenty today on line so I may not be out of luck if nobody wants them...LOL

Stupid question but are these temperature controllers or are they like for welding or something?

Are these single phase controllers or are they 3 phase? The reason I am asking is because if they are single phase they will work on household current. Most homes have a circuit breaker panel with 2 buss bars where each 110 volt feed is connected along with neutral and groung bars. To get 220 volt it takes a double pole breaker which is twice the size as a single pole breaker. It makes a connection with both buss bars and takes 110 volts from each which equals 220 volts.

Are these single phase controllers or are they 3 phase? The reason I am asking is because if they are single phase they will work on household current. Most homes have a circuit breaker panel with 2 buss bars where each 110 volt feed is connected along with neutral and groung bars. To get 220 volt it takes a double pole breaker which is twice the size as a single pole breaker. It makes a connection with both buss bars and takes 110 volts from each which equals 220 volts.

This ALSO REQUIRES HEAVIER WIRE AND A WHOLE NEW CIRCUIT CORRECT? Im not that worried about using these. Thats a bigger project than I need. But thanx for the info I had been thinking a little about how to create 220 and that cleared it up.

PS no sale on ebay....35.00 takes em shipped.

Latest posts

Back