STC-1000 heater output not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperialStout

Reaction score
My STC-1000 does not turn on a heater when needed. What should the voltmeter read at the output terminals? I think open, (off) should be 120vac, closed (on) should read zero.
The controller I used last year reads zero, open or closed, and the heater never comes on. Same readings on a new controller. F3, delay time, is set at 3 min
What am I missing?

Tom

I'd check all the connections again. I had an issue where the leads going in on the AC side to the STC weren't fully in and so no contact was being made.
You should have ac voltage measurable on the lines supplying the ac side that are the live ones.

Thanks,

I checked the ac power input terminals on both the used and new units to make sure the meter was working and get 120 vac. Still, both units read zero on the cool and heat terminals. Wires are secure. Will check the STC-1000 heat and cool output terminals on both working refrigerators.

My STC-1000 does not turn on a heater when needed. What should the voltmeter read at the output terminals? I think open, (off) should be 120vac, closed (on) should read zero.
The controller I used last year reads zero, open or closed, and the heater never comes on. Same readings on a new controller. F3, delay time, is set at 3 min
What am I missing?

Tom
Hello, in fact, that should be the opposite as you don't want voltage across relay pole when turned off. Looks like the relay are in trouble.

What are you feeding into the relay? With how I have mine wired, I have line voltage into the relay so when it turns on it outputs the same, line voltage. I have mine wire as it is below. Line is Maroon, Neutral is Blue and Ground is Green(120VAC).

1634921634658.png

The relays on one of mine packed up and it wouldn't work for heat or cool. I now just use it as a temperature display. I've also sold my working one as I've built and am using a brewpiless. Hope you get it fixed.

Back