Starting Electric Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ih8lag

Reaction score
Just want to make sure I have this Spa Panel using 3 wire dryer plug right before I mount and close it all off. See attached image.

As well. I am only going with a simple control panel with one element and SSR controlled by an embeded linux raspberry pi pc.

My plan was to wire one hot, neutral and ground to the receptacle. Then jumper over to the element connection the hot and ground from the receptacle. The remaining hot to SSR then to element.

This should give me a 120v circut to power my pumps in the future and the embeded pc if i am correct?

20130920_211305.jpg

Does not look right to me. Ground is only tied to neutral at the main breaker panel, after that it is isolated. You will need a 4 wire plug/receptacle, 2 hots, 1 neutral and a ground.

Does not look right to me. Ground is only tied to neutral at the main breaker panel, after that it is isolated. You will need a 4 wire plug/receptacle, 2 hots, 1 neutral and a ground.
I understand you concern - however his setup is not a hard wired device. It has its power delivered through an outlet & a plug in cord. This gives him a method to power his system without changing the building wiring.

power-panel-6c.jpg

Latest posts

Back