Starter kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfgcdub

Reaction score
I just ordered my starter kit form Midwest brewing as part of a "living social" deal. http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/4...88720&ref=email-jp&rpi=89775132&rui=106278211 I'm new to brewing so I hope this was a good deal. I'm open to suggestions as to how best to spend the $25 credit. Is there a recipe kit that is highly suggested or is there some piece of equipment that I should pick up that wasn't included in the kit. Oh and I get to pick one of these: amber ale, Irish Red, or Irish Stout; any suggestions on these? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Seems like a great deal. Personally i would use the $25 credit towards some star san and PBW. Or maybe a second recipe kit. As far as picking from the 3 kits, which would you prefer? Any of the three should be great first timer kits so go for the style you like best.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Cheers

Well I ordered the Amber Ale now I have to wait until it arrives... If I'm this impatient now I'm going to be a wreck when I'm waiting to bottle.

Well I ordered the Amber Ale now I have to wait until it arrives... If I'm this impatient now I'm going to be a wreck when I'm waiting to bottle.

You need to fix this. This hobby sucks for those who are impatient. I think all of us tend to start out anxious and impatient. The hobby teaches patience. I'd start brewing again just as soon as your primary is done and you can reclaim your fermenter. That way, once the wait for the first one is over, you can enjoy that brew for a couple weeks and then the next one will be ready.

I agree on patience when first starting. For me if i am going to do it i am going to do right. I am glad that i got the right equipment (fermentation tank) prior my first batch to make sure what i was brewing came out right. Nothing like brewing a crappy beer to make you be discouraged for future batches.

You don't need anything fancy to brew good beer and did most of mine diy

J187 said:
You need to fix this. This hobby sucks for those who are impatient. I think all of us tend to start out anxious and impatient. The hobby teaches patience. I'd start brewing again just as soon as your primary is done and you can reclaim your fermenter. That way, once the wait for the first one is over, you can enjoy that brew for a couple weeks and then the next one will be ready.

I'm hoping to start a batch of Brandon O's Graff shortly after my fermenter is clear from batch one. I figured I'd get an extract batch under my belt before tackling something more complicated.

Back