St. Patrick's Day Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msujack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I spent my St. Patrick's Day brewing 2 batches of beer, my 3rd and 4th batches overall. First was a wheat beer from an extract kit, second was a porter from an extract kit with steeping of some specialty grains (first attempt at that!)

First of all, thanks to everyone on here who has assisted all of us new brewers. Due to the information I collected, I believe the process that you set up for one batch makes it easy to brew two back to back. The kitchen was a bit hectic, but it all worked out.

The question I have for everyone is what are your thoughts for adding to the beer? I am thinking about splitting the wheat into 2.5g of blueberry and 2.5 standard wheat. I am also thinking about adding oak chips and bourbon to the porter by racking to a secondary. Thoughts on this?

Also, I am curious if someone can recommend a light, crisp beer for the summer months as my next brewing should take place in about a month so its ready by the time I am having bbq's.

Back