Ss Brewtech Customer Service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I'm misreading the time/date stamps on the emails, OP emailed a concern to SS that he had not heard back from them and that he was anxiously awaiting a reply on May 30, 12:02 PM PDT

He then got a reply saying to send SS an order number to have the discount applied to his order on May 30, 8:13 PM PDT or 8 hours and 11 minutes later.

Then 12 hours 52 minutes later on May 31, 2017 9:05 AM OP replies that he's no longer interested in buying from SS.

Did I get that right? If so what happened in the 8 hours 11 minutes to change your customer service perception?

It does seem a little ironic that someone is upset about a delay in customer service related to a military discount which occurred over Memorial Day weekend.

For the record I have no dog in this fight as I've never been an SS customer nor do I know anyone who works there.

No, look at the one prior to that where I said I wanted to proceed with the order... Dated May 26th at 3:24am PDT. Then I sent the one on May 30th at 12:02pm when I had still not heard back...

No, look at the one prior to that where I said I wanted to proceed with the order... Dated May 26th at 3:24am PDT. Then I sent the one on May 30th at 12:02pm when I had still not heard back...

I see that, but SS replied to your May 30th email 8 hours later.

Yes they then replied on the 30th after you pinged them again. Perhaps it got lost in her inbox. Everything after that seems to be you complaining to them after that.

Why even waste your time. You then waited a month to contact their owners to point out this. They then said they would look into it. You then made a curt remark to the owner, who then replied to you saying that he respects your expectations and recommended that you purchase from someone else since you lost faith in them.

What do you expect from them? They lost you as a customer. Your conversation should have ended after you sent your feedback to the owners. Instead its like you were fishing for sympathy or an additional rebate. Sorry bud I respect that you served in the military, but from my point of view, SS dropped the ball once, tried to make it right and listened to your complaint.

Case closed.

Yes they then replied on the 30th after you pinged them again. Perhaps it got lost in her inbox. Everything after that seems to be you complaining to them after that.

Why even waste your time. You then waited a month to contact their owners to point out this. They then said they would look into it. You then made a curt remark to the owner, who then replied to you saying that he respects your expectations and recommended that you purchase from someone else since you lost faith in them.

What do you expect from them? They lost you as a customer. Your conversation should have ended after you sent your feedback to the owners. Instead its like you were fishing for sympathy or an additional rebate. Sorry bud I respect that you served in the military, but from my point of view, SS dropped the ball once, tried to make it right and listened to your complaint.

Case closed.

At the time that I posted here I still deep down wanted to buy this Chronical, I was hoping for Raving Customer Service reviews.....

I didn't expect anything else from Ss Brewtech and I did not make any curt remarks to the owner. I asked him in my first email to him if my expectations were too high, A question that I wanted an honest answer to yet he failed to answer so I asked it again...

Perhaps I overreacted but I had poured hours in to researching which conical was right for me and I was very disappointed....

My apologies to Sserena, Curt and Ss_Michael... CASE CLOSED!

She didn't reply during business hours Friday the 26th and she didn't reply during business hours Tuesday the 30th, that makes 5 days of which 3 were the holiday weekend. Anything else you're unclear about??? CASE CLOSED!!!

FWIW if you want honest opinions about their service I have been extremely happy with them. They not only shared info on how to build a rig for CO2 transfer but also sent me a parts list (several from places other than theirs) and then when I thought my heating element quit working they helped me diagnose what was wrong and sent me a new controller free of charge. I was totally prepared to pay for the new controller.

Sounds like you may have decided to move on to another supplier but I can honestly say they have exceeded my expectations. I have sense bought a third fermentor and their glycol chiller and am totally satisfied with my purchases. I'm not as handy or creative as most of the folks I see post on this side so customer support is very important to me.

Bob, I totally know where you are coming from. All I can say is I hope your disappointment won't prevent you from considering Ss BrewTech's equipment because I own their fermenters and cooling systems and I am 100% happy with the equipment.

If you choose other sources, I can totally understand your position. If you are in my area and have not purchased yet, give me a holler and you can see my brewery and Ss system in operation.

Reading through the email thread and my personal experiences with SsBrewtech and other companies like Stout, I'm sorry but I have to side with Ss.

Their responses to my inquiries have been timely and more than helpful the couple times I've reached out to them.

There was a small issue with my first order but they promptly took care of it. On top of that, in my first order they comp'd me two free digital temp gauges and a sweatshirt without asking for anything. Small things like that help earn you a customer for life.

I recall dealing with Stout a few years back. My order was approx $2500 and I remember waiting upwards of a week for a response for a custom order. A slightly delayed (yet courteous) response over a holiday weekend is nothing to get upset about.

If your research tells you that's the best fit for you, swallow some pride, place your order and get your 10% discount.

All this over a military discount. Damn, and I sometimes feel pesky about asking for it at home depot. Not anymore lol.

I've had a mixed experience. Pre-sales they were pretty responsive and helpful. Post sales, I asked them a technical question and they (he) gave me a curt response, and I didn't really appreciate it. We worked out the issue and I'm fine with him now, but if you're looking for something specific, be sure to spell out your question carefully.

Bob, this comes off as you looking for a deeper discount for a minor inside sales related issue .. and when ownership snift that out, and didn't offer it, and essentially said, we don't care if customers like you buy from us, you were offended. Ownership probably weighed the prospect of dealing with this 3 more times as you scaled your brewery to 4 conicals. Many good companies realize that the customer is not always king and that some customers aren't worth it. Posting this, over such a minor issue, kinda confirms the hypothesis.

The whole, I realize the value, and would spend the money, but my wife has me on a budget premise, is as transparent as it is adolescent, and probably didn't help your cause.

My experience with customer serivce has been positive. A couple of shipments with missing parts were correct by overnighting them to accomodate my brew schedule. No questions asked ..... I also get the impression that the more loyalty the customer shows, the better the customer service gets.

Does anyone know what size O-Rings are used for the 10 gallon BME brew kettle racking arm? The website lists the 11x1.5, but that is too large. I need the two small orings that go into the grooves of the racking arm. Sent 2 emails and haven't heard anything in several weeks.

OK... I got a reply. They simply are sending me more, but I'd still like to know the size so I can just buy a pack of them.

Does anyone know what size O-Rings are used for the 10 gallon BME brew kettle racking arm? The website lists the 11x1.5, but that is too large. I need the two small orings that go into the grooves of the racking arm. Sent 2 emails and haven't heard anything in several weeks.

We dont respond to emails into our support mailbox, you should have actually received an automatic reply. For any future support questions, go ahead and submit a ticket on our support page here:

https://ssbrewtech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

The O-rings used on the BME Kettle Racking arm are identical to the Chronical racking arm O-rings, the size is 10 mm x 1.2 mm. You can snag some new ones here:

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/accessories/products/copy-of-o-rings-for-brew-buckets

We dont respond to emails into our support mailbox, you should have actually received an automatic reply. For any future support questions, go ahead and submit a ticket on our support page here:

https://ssbrewtech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

The O-rings used on the BME Kettle Racking arm are identical to the Chronical racking arm O-rings, the size is 10 mm x 1.2 mm. You can snag some new ones here:

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/accessories/products/copy-of-o-rings-for-brew-buckets

Awesome! Thanks!

I have ordered from SS before and have nothing but good things to say about the service and products. I bought a 10 gallon kettle a long while back for tester batches and it is built like a nuclear bunker. The ordering was seamless and communication from their end was very good.

I just wish they had a 30 gallon version of their BME Kettles. The 20 gallon just would not fit my current needs. I like the design though and the concepts behind those kettles.

I would definitely order from them again.

I just wish they had a 30 gallon version of their BME Kettles. The 20 gallon just would not fit my current needs. I like the design though and the concepts behind those kettles.

The 20 gallon is actually 24 gallons if that helps. Seems to be enough room to do 15 gallon batches.

I have ordered from SS before and have nothing but good things to say about the service and products.

I would definitely order from them again.

Plus 1 on your post. Just yesterday I pre-ordered a new 14G uni tank and Ss Michael was prompt with every single question I asked on their support desk system. As I grow my setup, Ss Brewtech continues to be the equipment I have grown to trust.

Additionally, I bought some used Ss gear from a buddy and had questions about a seal failure. Ss Brewtech treated me as I was the original purchaser, told me how to correct the issue and fix the seal leaks. For this level of customer service, why would I not stick with them?

The 20 gallon is actually 24 gallons if that helps. Seems to be enough room to do 15 gallon batches.

Sometimes I do a 3 hour boil and my current 25 gallon kettle is almost not big enough. That is with a 2.5 gallon per hour boil off on my current kettle.

If I thought I could make the 20 gallon work, I would have already checked out with it. Thanks for the info though, it is good to know that.

I still look at it and try to make the math work. The BME kettles are pretty sharp looking and with the tangential inlet they are even more tempting.

Latest posts

Back