SS BrewTech Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what size are you looking at? I have 1 7g and 4 brew buckets. I pretty much only use my brew buckets unless I know that I will be harvesting yeast which is rare.

They are nice and have some small advantages to the brew bucket. The domed TC lid and obviously the dump valve are nice features but that is about it in my opinion.

You will need some sort of upright freezer or fermentation chamber if you aren't going to go with the coil fts set up. Biggest drawback to me is the extra cleaning compared to the brew bucket. Taking apart ball valves to clean gets old quick when the brew bucket is cleaned and put away in the time it takes to pull them apart.

I could see more benefit in a larger conical but would take 2 brew buckets for 1 7 gallon chronical all day which is about what the price works out for the base models.

The Spike conical may be a different story because I believe it comes with sanitary butterfly valves and a welded thermowell. The weldless thermowell on the ss products is another annoying cleaning point for me and I hate in on the brew bucket as well.

Back