SS Brew Tech Inline Oxygenation Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace0005

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this? I can't find a whole lot of information about it's practicality, or any pictures or videos of it being used. Also, I measured the ports on my 1/2 bbl BME Chronical... they measure at 2", and it appears that the inline kit is 1.5". Will this fit? Am I measuring wrong? :bigmug:

I think I used mine once. It’s best to set it up at the exit of your counter flow chiller, or at the dump port or racking port as you pump beer into the fermenter. It doesn’t stay attached once beer is pumped in.

Being that the fermenter already has a carbonation stone, I didn’t see the need in the oxygenation kit. It’s the same stone. Yes the kit hits all of the beer as it goes in, and the carbonation stone sits low and might not hit 100%, but the price for the kit didn’t make enough sense to me. You can oxygenation and carbonated through the same stone.

I think I used mine once. It’s best to set it up at the exit of your counter flow chiller, or at the dump port or racking port as you pump beer into the fermenter. It doesn’t stay attached once beer is pumped in.

Being that the fermenter already has a carbonation stone, I didn’t see the need in the oxygenation kit. It’s the same stone. Yes the kit hits all of the beer as it goes in, and the carbonation stone sits low and might not hit 100%, but the price for the kit didn’t make enough sense to me. You can oxygenation and carbonated through the same stone.
How does your fermenter "already have a carbonation stone?" Mine doesn't, but it seems like it would be much easier if it did.

I’m using a unitank. I thought the chronicles had them standard too.

Attachments

• EC1F8367-E3CD-4074-8703-BFF89B0EDB8C.jpeg
    EC1F8367-E3CD-4074-8703-BFF89B0EDB8C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
Cool, thanks for the picture. I wonder if I can figure a way to add that to my setup.
The Chonicals don’t have a carb stone as they are not designed to hold pressure (other than a couple psi for transfers). I’m looking at how to add something on my 14 gallon one and debating the inline kit vs building a port on the top to oxygenate.

My buddy and I brewed on a commercial setup with inline O2 and it’s pretty slick. The sight glass is part of the kit so you can see the bubbles as you add O2. If you brew with any frequency it might be worth the money. Still debating.

The Chonicals don’t have a carb stone as they are not designed to hold pressure (other than a couple psi for transfers). I’m looking at how to add something on my 14 gallon one and debating the inline kit vs building a port on the top to oxygenate.

My buddy and I brewed on a commercial setup with inline O2 and it’s pretty slick. The sight glass is part of the kit so you can see the bubbles as you add O2. If you brew with any frequency it might be worth the money. Still debating.
What I ended up doing is building my own version of an oxygen aerator. I included a sight glass because I want to be able to see the device working. When build is done I will post pics!

I made my own as well. Its just a 1/2" SS tee with a stone in one end, TC to the fermenter in the other, and a camlock on the side for the hose that comes from my chiller. However, in practice I don't like using it while transferring as I end up with foam that obscures the markings on my fermenter. Instead I transfer, then oxygenate. Still works out nicely.

Last edited:
Back