SS Brew Bucket Base

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skbuilder

Reaction score
I like this fermenter but hate the rubber base. Has anyone built a different base? I've considered pvc but i can't have too much bulk because I want to fit it in my kegerator.

I have a mini. I hate the base too. I don’t think another material would help much: the problem is it’s not attached to the fermenter, so you need to pick them up separately. Did you have some other solution in mind?

I think the way to go is to cut some square tube and have someone weld it on. I’d do it for my own bucket, except the bucket is already seriously dented — from dropping it when it was off the base.

Fwiw, the small fermenter from Delta is an improvement on the Ss Mini in almost every way — except it’s a few inches bigger in most dimensions. My Mini still fits in a corner of my freezer that the Delta won’t.

I have a mini. I hate the base too. I don’t think another material would help much: the problem is it’s not attached to the fermenter, so you need to pick them up separately. Did you have some other solution in mind?

I think the way to go is to cut some square tube and have someone weld it on. I’d do it for my own bucket, except the bucket is already seriously dented — from dropping it when it was off the base.
I'm thinking about a cage like structure with a handle on top but I still want it to fit my kegerator.

Fwiw, the small fermenter from Delta is an improvement on the Ss Mini in almost every way — except it’s a few inches bigger in most dimensions. My Mini still fits in a corner of my freezer that the Delta won’t.
Thanks - I'll check that out.

I don't have the mini but considered it before buying the 7 gallon brew bucket. The two possibilities I thought of had I gone with the mini were: 1. Duct tape the base on (ugly but seemed like it would work). 2. Buy a second base to have a place to set it when moving it around.

Thanks for the ideas - the second base is a good simple idea that I never really though of. The ting is still a pain to move - no handles etc.

I use industrial strength velcro. I also considered buying a second base. The Velcro works fine though.

Back