• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SS 55 gallon drums tig welded and ready to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger9913

Reaction score
I purchased these about 6 months ago to put together my 1BBL brewery and possibly start a nanobrewery. However life has gotten in the way and I really don't have a need to brew large batches. I did brew one batch on the system and it worked just fine.

Specs:

20g SS 55 gallon drum with closed tops but cut open

Two drums are setup for electric brewing. They have two 1" NSP fittings welded on the back for hot water elements. Above the elements about 10" is a 1/4" nut for a temp probe (BCS-460). The front has a long 1/2" coupler welded about 4" from the bottom. The top is almost completely cut away as I used this for a boil kettle/HLT

The two other drum are for a mash tun or a direct fire kettle. They have a 1/2" coupler welded to the front and a 1/4" coupler to the side for a temp probe. The top here is the smaller opening you see in the pics

I paid $325 just for the drums so I don't think $400 each is unreasonable. The welds were clean with an acid to remove the discoloring and that is what the residue is. The drums are a little dinged up and once held tea tree oil in them. These are no means a Blichmann kettle but should get the job done just the same.

I will include the SS ball valve with each kettle

At this point this will have to be local pickup around Nashville, Tn. I might be willing to meet up to 100 miles.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Well, actually I have 4 drums. I was going to keep two so I could go back to 1BBL batches easily if I wanted to. However, I didn't think about selling them as a system which makes sense. The other two drums are exactly as described above, one has 2 element ports and the other is just a mashtun or can be direct fired. I actually used one drum as a fermenter.

I do not have a false bottom. I used a copper manifold instead. I have 3 drums for sale. Two with electric element nuts and one without.

What/would let the whole system go for? And or two kettles delivered half way to Hilton Head SC?

Back