Spike Brewing 10 Gallon Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burgs

Reaction score
Just wanted to post some quick pics and give my recommendation to check out Spike Brewing if you're in the market for a new brew pot.

I am a 5 gallon all grain brewer and have owned a number of pots in search for what suits me best: Polarware/Fermentap 32 qt heavy duty stockpot, Penrose Kettle, smaller stainless pots from Webstaurantstore back when I was doing half batches...

I finally decided that a 10 gallon pot suited me best. There would be room if for if I wanted to do an extended boil, and plenty of headspace, and I liked that this Spike Brewing one had a nice finish, nice welds and a lid.

I have not had a chance to brew with this yet, but it will get a brew session soon and I am excited. So far though, I am very happy with the quality and just wanted to show my support. Oh, and I placed my order October 9, got a shipping confirmation at the end of that business day, and it was on my doorstep October 11 am. Nice!

Thank you!

kettle1.jpg

kettle2.jpg

kettle3.jpg

kettle4.jpg

A buddy in my homebrew club has one of these. He's been pretty happy with it as well. Though they may want to think about selling pickups for the inside (have not checked them out, so I don't know if it's an option). I ended up giving my buddy an extra pickup I had so he could actually use the ball valve he had picked up for it!

A buddy in my homebrew club has one of these. He's been pretty happy with it as well. Though they may want to think about selling pickups for the inside (have not checked them out, so I don't know if it's an option). I ended up giving my buddy an extra pickup I had so he could actually use the ball valve he had picked up for it!

You bring up a good point. I hadn't considered that the coupler going through like that may make it hard to drain without one.

Might have to pick up some parts for that myself, thanks.

Back