Speeding up BIAB brew days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been experimenting for a long time with short boil and it may be said that I have a lot of experience with that. I was first trying No Boil and I was not happy because rapid quality ruin of beer and unsatisfactory bitterness.
The next thing I've been try is a short boil of 5, 10 and 15 minutes and hopstand up to 30 minutes. So I was pleased and got a good beer that lasts for months without losing quality. I think 5 minutes is not enough, but 10 is quite satisfactory. Even with pilsner malt. After that I tried to make a beer with a hops just in a hopstand. The aroma relatively quickly decreased, but also the bitterness.

By my experience most of the bitterness is best obtained with FWH hops and 10-15 minutes boil, and the aroma and some additional bitterness can be obtained with hopstand 20-30 minutes.

If you use grain from well-known malting factories boil of 60 or more minutes simply not needed.

My experience shows exactly the same! ... well... I copied your approach, after reading about in your posts :D

Back