sparkolloid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnync

Reaction score
This is the first time I have used sparkolloid so I need to know if what im seeing is what I need to be seeing? The inside of the carboy looks like it has water spots on it, kinda splatchy, it has only been 3 days. And its in skeeter pee if that makes a diffrence.

Thanks

This is the first time I have used sparkolloid so I need to know if what im seeing is what I need to be seeing? The inside of the carboy looks like it has water spots on it, kinda splatchy, it has only been 3 days. And its in skeeter pee if that makes a diffrence.

Thanks

I've never noticed anything weird with sparkelloid but maybe it's just yeast settling out on the sides of the carboy. I wouldn't worry about it at all, and just give it a bit more time.

It was indeed something on the carboy, still not 100% sure what.
So I racked It into another carboy and its crystal clear .....do I need to top up the jug?
Its not like its going to be a fine wine!
But I dont want to harm the pee;)

Thanks
I had something like this once with sparklloid a few days after adding it. I had to move the carboy, and when I did, this stuff was like a snowstorm in the carboy. Over the next few days, it settled out again, but was very light and fluffy. Some of it seemed to stick to the sides of the carboy, but they were sliding down verrrry slowly. Given time, it settles.

Latest posts

Back