South Florida newbie here... HI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sacrilicious

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to start my first brew, after lurking around here for a while now.

I'm married with toddler and working full time, so I can't jump into this hobby as fast and furiously as I would like to... But by golly, I'm going to try!

I jumped on that discounted deluxe brew kit from Northern Brewer last week, and I'm eager to get it fired up this weekend! I take this opportunity now to say THANK YOU to everyone here whose knowledge is giving me the confidence to get started and go forward with what I hope will be a life-long hobby :D

Anywho, I'm living and working here in Boca Raton (West Boca), Florida, 31 years old, lived here my whole life (except summers in Western NY). Went to University of Florida for about 6 years and got one BS degree in dietetics to show for it. I started out in mechanical and electrical engineering, but then I got caught up in having fun and whatnot, so I ended up getting an easier degree in the end. Oh well, best times of my life. So yeah, happy brewing! :mug:

I remember being in your shoes 24 years & 5 kids ago. Enjoy your family now,they don't stay little for long. I learned the hard way that that song "cat's in the cradle" I bought for my father really held true.
Anyway,glad to see you're getting started making your own good craft beer! I have my brewvision vids on my profile & youtube. Just getting started on that part myself. Ford let me pick my own 30 year gift,so I chose a 5 megapixel camera that also streams video & sound. So I shoot my pics & videos with it.
I hope your wife likes your beers better too. Mine does.

Thanks for the welcomes.

@union- Yeah, I'm familiar with the "cat's in the cradle" effect from my own father, so I'm going to try to be there as much as I can. The little guy is still only 15 months old, but it brings a tear to my eye to think about a future time when I wont hear a happy "daaad!" squeal upon getting home from work each day. As for my wife, so far she has not been too optimistic about my homemade kombucha or yogurt: "You are NOT feeding that to our son." Maybe she will feel better about the beer... uh, for her I mean, not for our son.

Hey shataway!

Do we have any local brew stores around here? I've heard of bxbeerdepot in Lake Worth, but their ebay site looks like their stuff might be a bit overpriced.

I bought my first kit at bx. I mainly order online at brewmasterswarehouse now. In jupiter is aj's beer city which is closer for me. I buy from there on occaision.

Back