Son of fermentator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainlife

Reaction score
My biggest problem is my basement is too cold (55-65 throughout the year). I want to make a cart where the bottom half is an insulated SOF hybrid. I want to use a fermwrap to heat, and I'd like to use two computer fans to cool, one blowing in, one blowing out, and and stc-1000 to control it all. I was having a hard time finding a similar setup. Are there any problems with what I propose to do? Any info is very appreciated!!!

I was thinking of building one of these myself next weekend. I am going to have it out on a semi-heated porch. My plan is to use a paint can heater that many people use to warm the chamber. I think I'll put the heater where ice would normally go. I have an STC-1000 to control when the heater turns on. When the heater turns on, I will turn on the fan too to draw air over the heater.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. The only problem I could potentially see is if you want to ferment anything cooler than your ambient temperature in the basement (or to crash cool) - but if that is not a concern, then go for it.

Back