Something for the beer snobs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Disclaimer... This is a little long.

I was kind of defending the BMCs of the world in another thread but I had to share this letter that was posted in the monthly newsletter for my beer of the month club. I got a laugh out of it.

Murl,

I'm not a member of your club, but I found the website for this beer of the month club and was reading some of the flowery/hippie desriptions of beers y'all feature and I just have to say-come on-that microbrew stuff isn't beer-it's for yuppies and the uptights. So, I have a question, what's so great about microbrewed beer? I maen, for the most part, thy're expensive, they take forever to pour, and they have a big head on them that just slows you down when it comes time for bottoms up. I hate a nose full of froth, so what's so great about that? I like Bud-the head shows up and disappears quickly-no waiting around. Anyway, this club ain't my thing. I'll stick with my "real" beers that I can find in every bar I hit, where I can get a 30 pack for $30.

(name left out on purpose)
Birmingham, Al

Dear Jackass

Yor're not in the club, because you just don't get it. Normally I'd not even respond to someone who's not a member, but your comments are just retarded enough to be entertaining. I have no comments for you, but I do sincerely feel sorry for you. Do some research and find out how those beers are so cheap (sadjuncts anyone?). And as far as the head slowing you down, beer is not simply a vehicle for delivering alcohol to the brain my friend. I'm sure that comes as a shock. But hey-far be it from me to ask you to let your head get in the way of being enlightened by the virtues of good beer. The rest of us will raise a pint on your behalf, relish in the beery goodness that is microbrewed beer, and take a moment to appreciate the friends and family around us who don't get it.

Get a clue
Murl

:mug:

That's awesome!

Just in case Orfy isn't around (I know he's busy), I'll go ahead and post this in his honor...

lager_boy_poster.jpg

the_bird said:
That's awesome!

Just in case Orfy isn't around (I know he's busy), I'll go ahead and post this in his honor...

lager_boy_poster.jpg

I say that all the time now. Actually at work today I was talking to a guy about vodka and I mentioned one called Rehorst. It's a vodka made in Milwaukee comma and I brought up that it's mostly the water that makes a good vodka. And he said "Oh I'm definitely worried about that one now." I brought up the point that "Hey comma they make a beer without flavor with this water why can't they make a vodka out of it too?" He laughed.

BTW: Rehorst Vodka is Really damn good.

2nd Street Brewery said:
Disclaimer... This is a little long.

I was kind of defending the BMCs of the world in another thread but I had to share this letter that was posted in the monthly newsletter for my beer of the month club. I got a laugh out of it.

Murl,

I'm not a member of your club, but I found the website for this beer of the month club and was reading some of the flowery/hippie desriptions of beers y'all feature and I just have to say-come on-that microbrew stuff isn't beer-it's for yuppies and the uptights. So, I have a question, what's so great about microbrewed beer? I maen, for the most part, thy're expensive, they take forever to pour, and they have a big head on them that just slows you down when it comes time for bottoms up. I hate a nose full of froth, so what's so great about that? I like Bud-the head shows up and disappears quickly-no waiting around. Anyway, this club ain't my thing. I'll stick with my "real" beers that I can find in every bar I hit, where I can get a 30 pack for $30.

(name left out on purpose)
Birmingham, Al

Dear Jackass

Yor're not in the club, because you just don't get it. Normally I'd not even respond to someone who's not a member, but your comments are just retarded enough to be entertaining. I have no comments for you, but I do sincerely feel sorry for you. Do some research and find out how those beers are so cheap (sadjuncts anyone?). And as far as the head slowing you down, beer is not simply a vehicle for delivering alcohol to the brain my friend. I'm sure that comes as a shock. But hey-far be it from me to ask you to let your head get in the way of being enlightened by the virtues of good beer. The rest of us will raise a pint on your behalf, relish in the beery goodness that is microbrewed beer, and take a moment to appreciate the friends and family around us who don't get it.

Get a clue
Murl

:mug:

WOW that is really funny How is homebrew that much more expensive?

hmmmmm let's do something called MATH. you may have heard of it.

30 dollars for 30 355ml beer OR 30 + 3 dollars (or so) for corn sugar or DME or whatever turns your crank for roughly 72 500ML.

And the bonus?? You make the beer that YOU want to whatever flavor YOU want.

That was a great article I needed a good laugh today. hopefully Mr. Bud will see the light soon.

Cheers all and keep on brewin :mug:

It's actually about commercial craft brew, not homebrew so he would have a reasonable point on cost. Then again, I think the value is still there but it's something a BMC drinker would never understand. They think they ARE drinking a premium product because the commercial told them so.

Back