Someone said my pale ale tasted like Natural light.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
The first person who tasted this SNPA said it was too hoppy for him and he use to work in a brew factory. While another person who does not really drink any good beer said my beer tasted like Natural light..

This sir, offends me. :mad:

Anyone have an experience like this?

The first person who tasted this SNPA said it was too hoppy for him and he use to work in a brew factory. While another person who does not really drink any good beer said my beer tasted like Natural light..

Not sure how you can have one guy say too hoppy and another say natural light... Sort of completely different beer tastes IMO.

Perhaps you should send a few to me and I will taste and provide feedback.

Hmmm.... that's odd. Did you give your beer to humans?

In all honesty, very few people ever think about what they are putting in their mouth, so when you ask them if they like something new and what it tastes like, they have no clue. It is not their fault. Just be happy with a good or a bad from 99% of people. DOn't take offense. If they liked it, great. If they didn't, either they don't like the style, or your beer isn't very good. Either way, no reason to be offended. Just brew some better beer next time. Or. if you want to please them, some style they enjoy.

:mug:

Were they drinking this out of the bottle???

Always remember that it is YOUR beer. As long as you like it then enjoy:)

I just brewed a Stone Ruination clone and it came out perfectly. Of course, it's ridiculously hoppy. My fiance wants me to bring some to her cousin's Christmas party but no one there will really know what type of beer I was striving to brew (double IPA), plus none of them have ever tasted my homebrews. I'm scared to bring it because they won't like the style therefore they'll think all of my homebrews are nasty.

I'm sure your homebrews are great, it's just the person drinking them doesn't know what they're drinking.

How did you feel the SNPA came out?

I just brewed a Stone Ruination clone and it came out perfectly. Of course, it's ridiculously hoppy. My fiance wants me to bring some to her cousin's Christmas party but no one there will really know what type of beer I was striving to brew (double IPA), plus none of them have ever tasted my homebrews. I'm scared to bring it because they won't like the style therefore they'll think all of my homebrews are nasty.

I totally see where you're coming from here, especially with a double IPA, thats a beer drinkers beer.

Hey, my dad won't touch a wheat beer (i.e. Blvd. Wheat) because "its too heavy".

Then again I've only seen him drink Bud Light for the past 32 years.

I'm sure your homebrews are great, it's just the person drinking them doesn't know what they're drinking.

How did you feel the SNPA came out?

I would conveniently "forget" to bring any homebrew to this shindig. Unless there is someone there that you know will appreciate it, i wouldn't waste a good beer on a party like that. Unless you want to bring some just for yourself. folks would probably approach you and ask what you're drinking. pour them a tiny cup and then if they give you the bitter beer face, laugh at them in their face and scream at them until they cry.

Just take a little to the party and explain to people that it is a IIPA and that means it has a lot of hop bitterness and flavor. Although IMO even a IIPA should have a good malt backing.

I've found that people with no palates generally don't like good beer. My neighbor swills Labatt Light like it's water, and he HATES my beer. He also makes fun of all the "weird" food I make. He's a meat-and-potatoes guy, and he likes his beer the same way, with no character.

My girlfriends mother hated beer before she had mine, because all she knew and tried was BMC crap. Now she requests a couple bottles from every batch I make. She also likes good food, and now she likes good beer.

I wanted to bring my homebrew to a party but after someone said it tasted like natural light fear I might have the same reaction at the party. No way in hell I am going to let people drink my beer for free if they don't like it.

I would conveniently "forget" to bring any homebrew to this shindig. Unless there is someone there that you know will appreciate it, i wouldn't waste a good beer on a party like that. Unless you want to bring some just for yourself. folks would probably approach you and ask what you're drinking. pour them a tiny cup and then if they give you the bitter beer face, laugh at them in their face and scream at them until they cry.

True.

Remember that nobody is guaranteed to like your beer. Some people will only drink 'regular' beer, because they have it in their minds that this is what beer is supposed to be. One guy I know who owns the bar downtown told me he likes his beer cold and to taste as much like water as possible. I was going to ask him why he'd even spend money on beer then, when water is so cheap, but then I realized he just liked the buzz it gave.

The offer to taste your brew for free is still open! ;)

if you got natty lite comments, i need that recipe. i have a friend who will only drink that stuff. this might get him into brewing.

he actually got a 30 pack of it in our pollyana this year

Many people have no clue of what real beer tastes like. The only time a few of my friends will have good beer is when I put it in their face and say "try it."

I too brewed a SNPA clone. It wasn't quite SNPA, but it definitely tasted like a pale ale. My neighbor tried some and he liked it, but he said that it tasted just like Sam Adams Boston Lager. Ummmm..... No.. I don't hink so?

I too brewed a SNPA clone. It wasn't quite SNPA, but it definitely tasted like a pale ale. My neighbor tried some and he liked it, but he said that it tasted just like Sam Adams Boston Lager. Ummmm..... No.. I don't hink so?

I could see how a non beer geek could say that about a beer that taste like a Pale Ale. I know SABL is technically a Lager, but it's tastes like an APA.

DID YOU SLAP THE NATTY LIGHT DUDE !!!!!!!!!!!!:rockin:

- -

um, what's a brew FACTORY? (sounds like forklifts carrying around pallets of cans, BMC cans)

also, does your friend LIKE natty light (his only bearing for comparison), if so it was a compliment. or else he don't git no mo'!

-
in all fairness, I drink Natural ICE! (I do, but with a french press filled with hops tea!!!)

You should be honored. You should get a license and sell your Natty Homebrew for $80/6 pack.

Bumping the Natty threads today. Keeping it real.

I did an Arrogant Bastard clone and gave it to two co-workers. One said, "damn it was strong but good". The other said it tasted like "J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown". WTF?!?!

This is actually a blessing in disguise. My SWMBO's family aren't big fans of what I've served them, and so they don't ask me to make any. The people I work with love my beer, and I'm constantly getting requests.

Hey, my dad won't touch a wheat beer (i.e. Blvd. Wheat) because "its too heavy".

Then again I've only seen him drink Bud Light for the past 32 years.

ick....bud lite....fermenten piss and headache in a bottle.......how can anyone drink that stuff....

Latest posts

Back