Lactobacillus and Diarrhea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I ended up reading this because I have a batch in the secondary that got me searching mold and infections. Read a thread on sharing your infection, anyway, I love you guys since after looking at multiple photos, I think the stuff floating in mine is normal. I hope. I got gutsy and tasted, tastes pretty good. So I wont dump as originally almost happened.

This thread brought back memories, and something I had not considered way back when. We are cheeseheads. Other half & I visited my little brother in Phoenix, and he took us on a road trip to see the Grand Canyon. On the way, we saw a micro brew in the middle of nowhere, turned around and stopped in because, well, we are from Wisconsin and it said beer.

We sampled many different brews. Not even 50 miles down the road..not the squirts (thankfully), but gas! Bad. Like massive rip every 5 minutes or less. All of us. The OMG kind. I could tell when the guys.. well.. but being a lady I was silent. But somehow they could still tell. It was hot, AC on in the car, but I think we darn near wore out his window rolling down button on that trip. We laughed a lot, because what else can you do.

We all thought it was because we had just enjoyed unpasteurized beer, first thing anyone that has tried milk right out of the bulk tank thinks, but now am wondering if it may have been either an infected - on purpose or not, or chock full of probiotics we were not used to.

Nope sibelman, we did not eat anything, we just stopped in to sample liquids. We knew it was the beer, just not sure which one. We all ordered different brews, but then taste tested each others..then repeat. OK, maybe repeat a few times. Looking back I suppose it was good we headed down the road when we did before stinking up the place. bracconiere, I really enjoy your humor.

So the OP mentioned this is not the first time having a possible infection prob... replace all your plastic tubing and such, clean and sanitize all the rest of you equipment.

So the OP mentioned this is not the first time having a possible infection prob... replace all your plastic tubing and such, clean and sanitize all the rest of you equipment.
The posting was a curiosity. Not, a ongoing problem.
I will remember from The experience however....
T'is many a slip, twix the tun and the lip!

Nope sibelman, we did not eat anything, we just stopped in to sample liquids. We knew it was the beer, just not sure which one. We all ordered different brews, but then taste tested each others..then repeat. OK, maybe repeat a few times. Looking back I suppose it was good we headed down the road when we did before stinking up the place.
Amstel and hard boiled eggs will achieve the same effects.

It sounds like you have a chronic infection problem with your brewing and you need to take a good long look at your brewing processes and equipment.

This batch of WLP007 looks infected
FB_IMG_1665968892370.jpg

LOL, it's funny because it looks like a really healthy yeast slurry on your driveway for some reason.... :mug:
If that nasty looking ugly pile of diarrhea, looks like a good yeast slurry to you, I never ever want to drink your beer! : )
Aw, F+#k it! I'll drink it!
BUT!!,

I didn't know that you could drink enough beer to crap on your driveway and have a viable yeast to put in your next beer FROM the crap on your driveway!
New brewing techniques every time I look around!

i have a sterile air glove box, i'm pretty sure i could take a small scoop from the top, and within a few petri dishes have it clean enough to brew with! :mug:
I understand that a glove box can be quite sterile, the one in my Camaro is! Anyway, please don't try this. For uh... health reasons! Ya.

Well I'm quite positive, you CAN ferment A pile of poo from out in your driveway, please just don't do it! Bluk!

Yes. VERY little comical , at least, from you. What a dry sense of humor which, does not make very good diarrhea! Wet. Think, WET! :)

Yes. VERY little comical , at least, from you. What a dry sense of humor which, does not make very good diarrhea! Wet. Think, WET! :)

no man now you got me thinking about the sound of a woman taking a leak...it was 'fresh' on my mind from a joke on youtube from yesterday....

:off:

time for this thread to get serious again.....i'll leave it alone...

Back