Some advice on a temp controller please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unfairbeef

Reaction score
I have a large stand-up freezer I would like to make into a fermenting chamber and I found this temp controller on der ebay and am hoping it will do as it seems like a great deal. I am pretty handy so I don't think I'll have trouble getting it setup but I am worried that I am just getting excited and ahead of myself and missing something here. The controller in question. Thanks for any and all advice! Cheers! :mug:

The switched outputs on that PID are only rated for 3A. I suspect that's too small for most freezers - it's well below what my keezer nameplate lists for max current draw.

Have you looked into Love controllers, or the infamous ebay aquarium controller (aka STC-1000)?

Cheers!

The switched outputs on that PID are only rated for 3A. I suspect that's too small for most freezers - it's well below what my keezer nameplate lists for max current draw.

Have you looked into Love controllers, or the infamous ebay aquarium controller (aka STC-1000)?

Cheers!

Thanks for pointing that out, I would have wasted some dollars. As far as checking out the STC-1000, I have now! That looks to be a great deal, I believe I will be ordering one of those bad boys tomorrow. I will have to go out and look at the freezer tomorrow to make sure this one fits the bill. Thanks a ton!

Back