Solder TriClovers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboblitt

Reaction score
I was about to order all of the fitting for a 2.5 gallon system and then I got to thinking about using TriClovers instead of weldless fittings. I plan to eventually build a larger system too so I really like the option of transferring a good chunk of the hardware back and forth. Anyone tried soldering a TriClover ferrule into a thin walled stainless steel pot?

I was about to order all of the fitting for a 2.5 gallon system and then I got to thinking about using TriClovers instead of weldless fittings. I plan to eventually build a larger system too so I really like the option of transferring a good chunk of the hardware back and forth. Anyone tried soldering a TriClover ferrule into a thin walled stainless steel pot?

It is very doable. Go to the "DIY Projects" forum and have a look at the sticky on "Soldering Stainless Steel".

Back