Soda dispenser for beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2012-03-15163644.jpg

2012-03-15163657.jpg

it took forever and a day to take this panel off the cold plate setup. One thing the woman from cornelius mentioned was the whole line is 1/4". so unless i convert part of this thing (like maybe a shank adapter) i'm looking at 1/4" all around aren't i?

so thargrav, since the whole machine ain't getting attention, sell them each? What are they called specifically? plastic soda faucet assemblies?

also, if i do part it out, what can I do with the cold plate inside? sell that as parts for a jockey box or something?

so thargrav, since the whole machine ain't getting attention, sell them each? What are they called specifically? plastic soda faucet assemblies?

also, if i do part it out, what can I do with the cold plate inside? sell that as parts for a jockey box or something?

These are called Becker premix soda faucets (manufactured by Becker) and it't important to keep the white fittings on the end of the shanks with the faucets if you want to sell them.

The cold plate would work great for a jockey box. It should be a 6 circuit cold plate and each internal run is probably 10' long. The fittings will be 1/4" barb or 1/4" flare and you could plumb them in 2 sets of series loops for a nice 2 faucet jockey box with plenty of buffer.

I believe they're flares because that's what went into the white fitting on the assembly. It's got 5 heads, so does that make it a 5 circuit plate?

Also, is there any way to dismantle it and maybe use the coiling for a HLT recirculator? I don't have a need for a jockey box right now.

*side note: i was thinking of using the outer pieces of stainless steel as something fabricated like a false bottom, or whatever else could be made from these sheets. then I could make a customized rectangular false bottom for my cooler mash tun!

i may not have to worry about that now. I listed it on ebay last night because Craigslist was stale. it's got 4 bids for $110 now with 9 days left to go. I figured about $100 for UPS shipping since the thing weighs a ton. Now i gotta put it back together! so much for my custom false bottom :(

Maybe I should put mine on eBay. Best if luck to yours. I'll probably throw it up when yours is done. I couldn't even get a response when I put it on Craigslist

well, the ebay ones are fricken expensive. I just listed mine with a reserve of 120 with shipping of 110. I'm practically at the reserve now, although i'll let it go for less if need be. the way i see it, i paid $150 for 8 kegs, this machine, and the hosing/connectors it came with. even without the machine, thats $18 per keg. i couldn't care less about the machine. to me it was spare parts. I'm assuming you got a good deal on it yourself, so you should definitely be able to sell it for what you paid or a little more.

when customers see ours for a couple hundred and the other listings are for over $500, they'll buy ours!

EDIT: also, my listing fee was like 2.40. i didn't go all out on the features because the people buying these know what they want. You don't have to wait for mine to be gone, go ahead and make yourself some money! now to find a box to ship this in....perhaps build a crate?

oh yeah the shipping alone will help you buy new faucets and shanks! i just hope UPS doesn't screw me on this. how do they ship these? in plain cardboard boxes?

Back