Socal newbie here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just surfed onto this board on a recommendation from mtbr.com. Love beer like everyone else and would like to try out making a batch of my own, simple generic or even more complex. I"m an organic/medicinal chemist by trade and have a wife and two kids and love to bike and drink beer. That is all. I will now proceed to surf this new board for information.:rockin:

Welcome. You come from a hotbed of fine breweries, I hope you make the most of them.

Welcome. You come from a hotbed of fine breweries, I hope you make the most of them.

Yes, I went to the yearly Stone gathering of brewmeisters from around the world. Just fantastic.

My tastes are 1)stone smoked porter 2) new castle 3) Most of the Chimay's. 4) all other beers, except pabst and coors lite. Ha, ha.

Yes, I went to the yearly Stone gathering of brewmeisters from around the world. Just fantastic.

My tastes are 1)stone smoked porter 2) new castle 3) Most of the Chimay's. 4) all other beers, except pabst and coors lite. Ha, ha.

Hey don't knock PBR.....it's the last American owned macro brewery

Welcome from a fellow Californian. I'm new too, but these guys (and occationally girls) are awesome and very informative.

Welcome to the forums from another southern californian. Depending where you live, I'm sure we could help you out by referring a particular homebrew store. It's got some upfront costs, but those are relatively cheap, and well...as a result, you get to make your own beer!

I've personally used HomeBrewMart in San Diego and O'Sheas in Laguna Niguel.

Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry for the pabst put down. Gives me a headache like red stripe. Anyhow, I used to know of one brew store next to usd, not sure if it's still around. Any other places in san diego I should know about?

whoops looks like homebrewmart in your post. Apparently it does exist in the USD area still. Any others?

Back