So you are a Hop Head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panzermann

Reaction score
Well me too. :p

I just bought some Dogfish Head 60 IPA this evening. I am on the second one now and my god this is wonderful. :mug:

I have made a DFH 60 Clone but it is not ready to drink yet. I bet mine tastes just as good if not better.

This just might be one of my favorite beers ever now. Anyone else like DFH?

I am gonna pick up the DFH 90 next time, it came in a 4 pack at $9.99

I picked up this DFH 60 for $9.99 (6 pack)

Hops are why I started brewing. I have a couple 120 minutes sitting around for later. 60 minute clone is in primary right now. 90 minute is probably my favorite though, it is the most balanced.

Big beers are the bomb. A bomber of oak aged yeti is in the glass tonight!

We need to get an Extract Clone of DFH 90 going...hell what about a DFH 120? I noticed the DFH 90 is 8% ABV

This DFH 60 is 6%

I had DFH 60 and DFH 90 on tap a couple weeks ago, and I gotta say I like them both...a LOT! However, I think if I'm drinking an IPA I want the DHF 90. For a lower ABV IPA I'll take the Lagunitas IPA over the 60 minute...it just has more body and hops IMHO.

We need to get an Extract Clone of DFH 90 going...hell what about a DFH 120? I noticed the DFH 90 is 8% ABV

This DFH 60 is 6%

120 minute is 20% or so - it is super malty almost like a barely wine, but I like it more. I also have their Fort sitting around for a special occasion. :)

I would be all for extract of 90 minute because that is my session beer :drunk: although I am looking at going AG soon.

Seriously, I am sitting here sipping this DFH 60 and am having a hell of a good time in doing so. Can't wait until my baby (DFH 60 Clone) is ready to drink.

I hear the DFH 120 goes for $10 a bottle. They did not have one of those though.

Hops are why I started brewing. I have a couple 120 minutes sitting around for later. 60 minute clone is in primary right now. 90 minute is probably my favorite though, it is the most balanced.

Big beers are the bomb. A bomber of oak aged yeti is in the glass tonight!

I keep a couple of 120s in the cellar for the future. Who knows when. Beware of that Yeti! I got druck on Yeti one night and ended up with my shoe tied to my face... :drunk:

I had DFH 60 and DFH 90 on tap a couple weeks ago, and I gotta say I like them both...a LOT! However, I think if I'm drinking an IPA I want the DHF 90. For a lower ABV IPA I'll take the Lagunitas IPA over the 60 minute...it just has more body and hops IMHO.

Lagunitas is Da Bomb!! I love hoppy beers...too bad SWMBO doesn't...cause that's what I brew alot:cross:

I have never (shame on me) had a DFH 60/90/120...ever:( Maybe cause they are so expensive (i'm sure worth the money)...I had HOP JUICE the other night...that was pretty darn good. Have any of you tried COLD HOP (I think that's the name) from Colorado? Thats pretty tasty too.

Now I better stop at the store and pick one, or two...maybe 3 or 4 up for tonight...

I did spend $6.50 on Chimay Blue the other day tho...:confused:

120 minute is 20% or so - it is super malty almost like a barely wine, but I like it more. I also have their Fort sitting around for a special occasion. :)

I would be all for extract of 90 minute because that is my session beer :drunk: although I am looking at going AG soon.

I thought you were exagerrating at 20% ABV, but the website confirms it. What type of yeast are they using? I'm surprised they don't have to distill it to get to that level.

I thought you were exagerrating at 20% ABV, but the website confirms it. What type of yeast are they using? I'm surprised they don't have to distill it to get to that level.

It really isn't too boozy tasting, I think. I am fairly certain a mix of grain and sugars are used to achieve such high ABV. Not sure on the yeast, but I know some yeast like White Labs WLP099 (Super High Gravity Ale) yeast are capable of going above 20%.

Lagunitas is Da Bomb!! I love hoppy beers...too bad SWMBO doesn't...cause that's what I brew alot:cross:

I have never (shame on me) had a DFH 60/90/120...ever:( Maybe cause they are so expensive (i'm sure worth the money)...I had HOP JUICE the other night...that was pretty darn good. Have any of you tried COLD HOP (I think that's the name) from Colorado? Thats pretty tasty too.

Now I better stop at the store and pick one, or two...maybe 3 or 4 up for tonight...

I did spend $6.50 on Chimay Blue the other day tho...:confused:

Come on man, you have got to try this DFH 60. It is worth the $10 not to mention you can reusue the 6 bottles. :rockin:

Ok, I am on my 6th one now...this is the best beer I have ever bought at the store in my life. I **** you not it is wonderful. :drunk:

I think I've seen that Pliny Elder...might have to get one of those...when I get the $$...tho I could put that money towards my next batch???

Try it. If you like hops the beer is out of this world. Crazy hop aroma is matched by the flavor. Slightly hop forward, but one of the best IPAs I have had.

I am picking up a DFH 60 and DFH 90 tomorrow...$20 well spent IMO

This 60 is bad ass

I love the 60. I can take the 90 in certain cases...but it's too much of a sipping beer. I like IPA's that you can drink in 15 minutes and the 90 is a little to big and sweet.

Ok, I will look for it then

Russian River is small so depending on where you live it might be hard to get. I had my sister mail it to me along with some other choice beverages.

Don't get me wrong though for the price 60 minute is a great hoppy beer. But if comparing to all other beers there are better contenders, like 90 minute among others.

Ok, you were right I did not find it and I was not able to find the Pliny Elder either.

I picked up a 6xr of DFH 60 and some DFH 90. I am on my first 90 now and it does have a better balance between Malt and Hops...freaking wonderful I tell you.

I was about to walk away and noticed the Dead Guy Ale bottle, I bought a pint for $5.99I only bought because I have never had it but am making it tomorrow. haha.

It really isn't too boozy tasting, I think. I am fairly certain a mix of grain and sugars are used to achieve such high ABV. Not sure on the yeast, but I know some yeast like White Labs WLP099 (Super High Gravity Ale) yeast are capable of going above 20%.

I'm not a fan of the 120. It's way over the top sweet to my taste. Much like a barley wine and not one of the better ones. I love the 60 minute, think the 90 minute is very good, but the 120 just isn't my thing.

I am on my 2nd DFH 90 and you might be right Yooper, I am starting to taste the higher alcohol % in this one whereas when I drink multiple DFH 60's it is smooth sailing through them all.

I'm getting really excited to brew the DFH 60 Clone coming up! It will be my first brew thanks to the help of Yooper! I just wish there was a clone of Ninkasi Total Domination (IPA) or Tricerahops (IIPA). Two of my favorites beers ever!

I'm getting really excited to brew the DFH 60 Clone coming up! It will be my first brew thanks to the help of Yooper! I just wish there was a clone of Ninkasi Total Domination (IPA) or Tricerahops (IIPA). Two of my favorites beers ever!

Have you tried Dogfish Head 60 or 90 before?

I'm in love with it... :cross:

Yeah I had the 60 minute on tap once but I'm not sure if the guy poured the right beer. Didn't have much hop presence or maybe I'm just used to the NW style IPA. But I've only heard good things

I am a self admitted hophead. And this is the best time of the year because you know what beer came out the other day: Bell's Hopslam! Yeah we can't get Pliny over here in Ohio but I love my Bell's! :mug:

I just finished of a DFH 60...going back to DFH 90 now...god I am in Heaven bouncing back and forth between the two.

I will crack open the Dead Guy Ale tomorrow as I clone it.

My sentiments exactly.

I am a self admitted hophead. And this is the best time of the year because you know what beer came out the other day: Bell's Hopslam! Yeah we can't get Pliny over here in Ohio but I love my Bell's! :mug:

You will be able to get Mike "Tasty" McDole's Longshot winning Pliny clone in March.

Back