So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going to brew yesterday but just couldn't work up the energy after Hogmanay.

Big storm overnight, but it's cleared up nicely. Water's on the burner, on the patio, for a simple Scottish Ale.

Brewed Saturday. Missed my step temperatures for second step and mash out. Must be a setting in beer smith.

Brewing a East Coast Juicy Haze Double IPA this Sunday. Similar to the Trillium Vicinity recipe but I'm tinkering it for a more soft mouth feel.

Cheers!

Just made two separate yeast starters, one with a Serbian yeast for my Czech pilsner and some wlp530 abbey ale yeast for my Westy 12 clone.

Got an ambitious weekend planned with a brew day Saturday and Sunday! Let's roll...

doing a borderline Pale ale / IPA (6% 50IBU) using apollo (.55 oz) for bittering, then galaxy, citra and Amarillo (4 oz each including dry hopping)

It was 5*F at the Barn this morning. However by the time I was done with chores, breakfast, etc. and ready to brew it was a tropical feeling 15*F. I brewed a TrueBrew Nut Brown Ale inside and was going to use my "new to me" homemade wort chiller outside but the outside faucet was frozen. However, since I normally chilled in an ice bath, I went back down to the barn, set the brewpot on the ice in the bathtub we use to water the animals with. It actually worked fine, cooled quickly, and melted a hole in the ice, not all the way through of course as the ice is pretty thick.

Got all my shoveling out of the way today so I can get a brew in tomorrow. Going to brew a simple MO SMaSH to help refill the pipeline after the hit it took over the holidays. Still debating on what hop to go with.

I have a buttload of Citra to use up in the (very) near future, so I'm going to brew some Butler Dust this afternoon. I've brewed that recipe a couple of times already and it is awesome!

Brewed early yesterday...cold enough at 05:00 that I had to keep shaking my propane tank to keep the flame up at times! But I whipped up two quick brews...a 15 Min Pale Ale with Waimea hops, and a hoppy session mead. Gotta get my kegerator filled back up!

Just brewed an IPA and I'm trying to match Tree House's Julius. There's going to be a lot of dry hopping with Citra in the future.

Brewing a Bells Two Hearted Clone this weekend. Just tapped keg on an ESB that turned out fantastic and another IPA should be ready for tapping this weekend. Busiest time of brewing season for me!! Will be lager season soon to get ready for spring

It's supposed to be below zero this weekend but I haven't brewed since Thanksgiving so I gota brew! Think I may give no chill a try this time.

Plans are to do my Zombie Dust clone..Have a batch(The Mutts Nuts) going into bottles Saturday, so Zombie will be either Saturday afternoon or probably more likely Sunday..

I need to bang out another 15 gallons for an experiment... I'm so hitting my federal limit this year. Right now I have 10 gallons of high gravity sour, 15 gallons of pils and 10 gallons of milk stout going right now.

Just brewed a DIPA tonight. Was planning on doing it last night but plans changed so I made it happen today.

It's my first time using Conan yeast (Omega's OYL-052)!! Doubling the starter so I can harvest half of the starter and pitch the other half. I might use this yeast a lot this year.

Brewing a 1832 Truman XXXX Mild from Ron Patterson's book The Home Brewer's Guide to Vintage Beer,hopefully.

Planning on brewing Sunday. Just got my new spike brew kettle in the mail today. Starting out with a hefeweizen

I think I'll be bottling Saturday, and try to organize (and cull) my empty bottles. I'm planning on brewing a small batch (3 gallons) of tripel really soon; maybe Sunday but probably during the week.

Cold crashing and kegging an IPA this weekend (probably cold crashing tomorrow and kegging on Monday or Tuesday). Might brew a simple pale ale if I have time between all the football games lol.

Brewing Morebeer's Pliny the Elder kit using my BIAB rig. Also 1st attempt using this:

20170107_095119.jpg

Amber Ale brew planned for tomorrow. Already have the mash water setup in the kitchen to heat with salt additions made. Mash Tun and grains inside to keep them warmer than the 40F garage for mash in temp and Beersmith loaded up to the appropriate page. I'll have to see what time I wake up to start because brewing in the garage might be a little cramped and I might have to try and be quiet so people who share a wall with the garage may be sleeping.

Taking Monday off, so I get to Brew!
I have 3 lagers cold conditioning and nothing else current in the pipeline, so I decided to pick up the grainbill for a Scottish ale along with some S-04 at my LHBS. But when I looked at the hops in my freezer- Cascade, Centennial and Amarillo. So change of plans- I'll late hop it with Cascades, and hit it at 3 days and 7 days with all 3 hops. If it turns out OK, I may have invented a new subspecialty: a Northeast Scottish Pale Ale, or maybe Nova Scotia Pale Ale.
Pray that it's at least drinkable....... :mug:

Back