So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I was brewing. My Zurich lager yeast needs to hurry up so I can use the fridge for my Pilsner smash.

Going to brew my Cream Ale recipe tomorrow with a first time use of the WL080 cream ale blend of yeast. I've read a lot a good things about this yeast so I'm kind of excited to try it!
Next in line is going to be my first attempt at a Porter.

Brewed a Mystery Ale today. I'm not really sure what grains went into it, as I was cleaning out some miscellaneous bags from the cabinet and figured I'd use them before they were useless, as they've probably been in there at least 4 months. I >think< it was roughly:

½lb Flaked Oats
½lb Victory
½lb Crystal 120
½lb Belgian Wheat
1½lb 2-row
¼lb Amber Belgian Candi Sugar at 225-263°
1lb Corn sugar @ flameout

All I really know for sure is that it totaled out to 3lb 8.5oz of grains, plus the corn sugar and candi sugar. I first wort hopped with ½oz Liberty at 5.8% AA and ¼oz Amarillo at 8% AA, and added ½oz Citra at 7.5% AA at 5 minutes, and the plan is to double dry hop with Citra and Amarillo. Final volume was a shade over 2½ gallons, and I added half a packet of US-05. It's not really an experiment so much as just having fun, since my hydrometer is broken and I have no clue what most of the ingredients are. It made me feel like I usually do when I cook, because I do that the same way. FEEL the recipe, and just add a bit of this, and a dash of that. The result could be awesome, or it could be an abject failure. Whatever it is, dammit, I had FUN making it!

I love it. The fun factor is what it's all about! Well, and the beer :mug:

making a leffe blond clone tomorrow, mostly to get enough 530 to harvest for a few belgian tripels and quads later on :D

The pipeline is full with both drinking, aging and christmas present beers, concidering a fourth fermenter.....

Tomorrow, going to brew a Timothy Taylor Landlord clone from Camra's Brew Your Own British Real Ale by Graham Wheeler.

Brewed up a hoppy wheat beer and my annual home-grown-Centennial SMaSH today.

ab_24oct2015_01.jpg

Building up the pipeline again after a lazy summer...

Cheers! :mug:

I'll be taking a stab at Biermuncher's SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde tomorrow. If it's as good as his Centennial Blonde I'll be delighted. :)

Brewed Northern Brewer's brunch stout yesterday, the extract kit. Trying to figure out how to make it taste like founders breakfast stout in the secondary...

Made up a recipe for "There Gose Sea Breeze" that I'm going to try to get done tomorrow. It's going to have hibiscus (easier to deal with that cranberries), vodka soaked grapefruit zest, Saaz hops, coriander, and sea salt. I have all day Sunday, but I need sleep and have to do a lot of cleaning, preparation, trip to store, and LHBS. I hope I can get it done and ready for Thanksgiving trip to the beach.

I planned on brewing Denny Conns Wry Smile Rye IPA but the weather is horrible today- so gonna have to put off until next Friday. Now it will be ready for turkey day.

Finally getting around to re-brewing my Oatmeal Stout, should be a good drinker once the temperature drops.

Kegged DIPA Friday, bottle 2nd runnings APA today, brewing modified version of DIPA next weekend with several total noobs who want to learn

I'll be taking a stab at Biermuncher's SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde tomorrow. If it's as good as his Centennial Blonde I'll be delighted. :)
If this beer turns out well, it'll be in spite of me. Holy mash-mishaps Batman!

I hit the triple crown of missed mash temp (then re-missed trying to adjust it with more water), manifold falling apart under the grain and a stuck sparge.

Kegged DIPA Friday, bottle 2nd runnings APA today, brewing modified version of DIPA next weekend with several total noobs who want to learn

You give a man a beer, and he will come back for more.
You teach a man how to brew beer, and he will bring some over for you to try.

-Jesus

Finally got all my pre-brew chores and errands done. Just mashed in on my "There Gose Sea Breeze". 60 minutes, then another 45 with acidulated malt. Then the usual boil. Luckily, it's not too hot today and overcast, but not raining. It will take awhile, but shouldn't be uncomfortable.

Brewing 3 extract batches today. Got them for $15 each! Spiced Winter Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Irish Red Ale &#128077;&#127867; An empty kegerator calls for aggressive brewing. I don't normally brew extract, but couldn't pass up the deal

My gose brew filled a carboy, but didn't appear to be taking off last night...should have trusted common sense and added a blow off tube. Had to add one this morning and do a little floor cleaning.

IMG_20151026_075718.jpg

That sounds like a darn good combo!

Cooked up a founders stout clone. I made a black mess of my kitchen. Hope I didn't make a mess of the brew!

Should be...homegrown peppers too. Somehow got a much higher effeciency than normal. Coming in around 12% depending on FG as opposed to 10%

Me. Again. 11gal of Centennial Blonde this weekend and another 11 the next. That will complete this year's complement of homebrew for the work Holiday Party.

prepping for the annual big Pliny clone brew. 10G to be kegged for the big local annual flag football game in December. I may just have time to get this one force carbed in time for a Dec 5th game...

Intend to do a long-boil barleywine for next winter this Sunday. Probably 35-40L total water, 8 kg malt for a final volume of 13-14L. I was going to SMaSH it with all 2-row and Calypso, but I've decided I'll probably add some oats and/or unmalted wheat for body and some Caliente and maybe Fantasia hops because the flavor profiles sound promising for a barleywine. We've got a work thing on Sunday morning, so I'll probably get up early, get my water to strike temps, and mash in for a long mash until I get home in the early afternoon, when I'll sparge and boil. Gotta bottle the APA that's on the yeast cake I'll be using during the boil, but that shouldn't be a big issue since I should be boiling for at least two and a half hours.

Planning on a chocolate oatmeal stout at some point this weekend. Hopefully Saturday before all the fun begins.

Going to pitch a slurry from a brown ale wlp002. Hope its as good as I think it will be.

Back