So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a "dice-hopped" IPA on Sunday. Doing whole30 so this is the 1st time I will not be drinking when brewing. I shall drink vicariously through all of you!

Oatmeal stout tomorrow. Excited as I am showing a co-worker the ins and outs of brewing cause he wants to get started.

"Always two there are.... the master, and the apprentice. " :-D

Oatmeal stout tomorrow. Excited as I am showing a co-worker the ins and outs of brewing cause he wants to get started.

"Always two there are.... the master, and the apprentice. " :-D

Nice! That's what I'm brewing too. My recipe is pretty similar to Rogue's Shakespeare. Looking forward to it!

IPA using all the residual hops from the past 6 months...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Going to do a AG version of the White House Honey Ale. Obama Beer. Also start a 5 gal batch of hard cider.

Just did the second step on two starters, wlp011 is a 2L starter and the other is 1.5L of wlp090. Going to pitch tomorrow this time on an RIS then an American stout, partigyled from a 23# grain bill.

The brew day will tax me like no other I've ever had. Can't wait!

Lake Walk inspired Pale Ale made today.

DSC01103.JPG

I'm hoping to find the time to brew a Four Peaks Kiltlifter clone that was posted in 2011 by scottland using Safale US-04. I intended to use WLP007, but life got in the way and I never made it to the LHBS to get the yeast to make a starter. Kiltlifter is one of my favorite beers

In the middle of a double brew day! Boiling the RIS and mashing the American stout.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414261146.448526.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1414261171.499600.jpg

And a shoutout to my friend JP, owner of the local LHBS and who's equipment I'm using...ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414261313.416173.jpg

had a great time at the DIY Brewhouse in Columbia, SC with Catdaddy brewing his RIS.

I bought my own ingredients for an All American Imperial Red Honey Ale that i crafted for my 2nd AG batch. Big grain bill but i want a big beer! Gonna brew next weekend with Catdaddy's help. Cheers... and Go Cocks!!

https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/ass-kickin-american-imperial-red-honey

Whew! Just finished cleaning up and finally sat my tired rump down after a partigyle brew session. It was a bit hotter than I hoped for outdoors so I'm a bit more drained than my mash tun. I have high hopes for both these beers, RIS and American stout. I will pitch later tonight after the Gamecocks take on Auburn... Maybe I'll need a big stout by the end of the game. Lol

I brewed last night but wasn`t sure I was going to be able to right up until the last minute.

Cooper`s OS Stout Kit
5 lbs CDN 2 Row
.75 lbs Chocolate Malt
.25 lbs Crystal 120L
8 oz Hershey`s Unsweetened Cocoa powder
14 oz lactose
14gr Cooper`s Ale yeast rehydrated
0.75 chocolate extract (bottling)

One hour mash for all the grains. One hour boil adding the cocoa powder and lactose at 15 minutes left. The stout kit was added at flameout. No hop additions on this one. Bitterness will come from the stout kit (and cocoa powder maybe). I topped the fermenter up to 23.5 litre (over shot a little) and the OG came in at 1.062. It`s sitting in my fermentation chamber at 18C and the krausen is just now starting to form (about 14 hours since pitching the yeast). I intend to add about 0.75oz of chocolate extract at bottling.

I`m going to call this one my Cooper`s Triple Chocolate Milk Stout.

I guess Oxy Clean is as easy to get as anything else. That said, I was thinking....what if I scrubbed everything out "clean" and then sanitized by swishing around and/or wiping all the potentially contaminated items with Vodka or Everclear several times (in order to increase exposure time). Alcohol is a pretty effective sanitizer and it is not a chemical that we are avoiding ingesting. it is expensive I suppose but I am not advocating total immersion in vodka...just liberally and thoroughly wiping everything with it.

Any thoughts on this out there?

Ooops...wrong thread

Well, didn't squeeze it in over the weekend, but I'm doing a little 3 gallon experiment with some Cascade hops I picked on two occaisons from a friend's garden. It's going to be an American Amber, partial mash/extract. 1/2 oz fresh hops that were vac sealed and frozen in a jar added at the beginning of a 30 minute boil, and 1 oz that was picked later when the cones were browning on the bines and I finished drying and vac sealed in bags...at 15 minutes. Another dried ounce for dry hop. The hops weren't handled as they should have been, but I want to see how a small batch turns out. Pitching White Labs East Coast Ale yeast...and crossing my fingers!

Edit: I'm putting the two hop additions to the boil in nylon bags to easily remove them before pitching the yeast. The frozen ones will not be thawed before adding them to the boil.

Saturday I am brewing up 10 gallons of HI nelson saison... My modified version. Also brewing up 5 gallons of my house ipa for a guy in the brew club as a trade for 3 tap handles he turned for me.

Latest posts

Back