So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I love that combo. I use Columbus, centennial, amarillo, and Cascade. Happy brewing! Maybe we should do a brew swap and compare?

:tank:
It's a pretty tasty brew. I haven't had any for about 6 months. I keg this one. I only bottle stuff like Belgians, Stouts, brett beers, etc. Where in the world are you?

10 gallons of Lambic using the turbid mash method. This is part of my Gueuze project, which I started 2.5 years ago.

And people say homebrewing can't save you money. The retail value of this project is somewhere in the area of $1400 so far, and it probably cost me around $120.

I brewed an Imperial Red Ale today using cheap and easy batch sparge. 5 gal 1.090 wort from my little 36 qt cooler. I'm a happy camper!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just put a little over 5 gallons into the fermenter. Belgian Dark Strong ale, a mix of 2 row, pilsner, candi sugar, aromatic malt, special B and a little chocolate malt. Using Wyeast 1762 and a 1 gallon yeast starter.

I may do a Stout tomorrow, but the care package from the homebrew supplier didn't include the lactose I ordered so it has to be a regular stout. Man, I really wanted to do a milk stout. Unfortunately all my fermenters are full so I need to put something into a keg.

Did my first partiguile today 5 gallons RIS and 10 belgium ale I even hit all my numbers. Now I'm tired

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

Going to brew up a batch of wheat beer tomorrow. Hopefully the weather holds out. Right now it looks fairly gloomy.

Just put a little over 5 gallons into the fermenter. Belgian Dark Strong ale, a mix of 2 row, pilsner, candi sugar, aromatic malt, special B and a little chocolate malt. Using Wyeast 1762 and a 1 gallon yeast starter.

I may do a Stout tomorrow, but the care package from the homebrew supplier didn't include the lactose I ordered so it has to be a regular stout. Man, I really wanted to do a milk stout. Unfortunately all my fermenters are full so I need to put something into a keg.

You should be OK adding the lactose to the fermentor when it arrives.

1.062 og. Maybe we'll have to trade some growlers.

No kidding. Gonna start the flame at 5:30am tomorrow. Expecting 1.070-1.075 for the OG. You're in AZ, that's a 2 day for UPS, etc. Will be a few weeks. PM me and we will swap. Nothing better than sharing homebrew (except for brewing of course).

Just pitched a 1 gallon AG batch of my first stout. I followed Midwest's "Pride of Dublin" recipe but I was able to source all organic grains for this one.

Heating up strike water for a Helles lager. I haven't brewed in almost 3 months. Down to a few kegs left and gotta get going. It's a perfect day to brew.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408284173.049638.jpg

Ended up with 1.064 OG. 10 points higher, which I would assume is from the pumpkin and brown sugar

Totally randomly started a white wine this weekend. :D

Neighbor been asking if I wanted to pick his grapes for a few months. Today I went over there expecting 'some' grapes, but walked away with over 11lbs of grapes from the one fence line.

So 4lbs into jam, 7lbs into a fermentor, and ~.5lb into some vinegar. I totally had that thought while watching an Anthony Bourdain show talking about Nomo restaurant and all it's pickling and fermenting... :drunk:

Brewed an extract Pilsner today, 5 gallons. Although I usually brew AG, I used this opportunity to use a sump pump in a cooler of ice water for the first time. It worked great, easily getting the wort to 55 degrees in about 20 minutes. It's been hot a hell here in SW GA & have always had trouble getting the wort to sub 70 in the summer since my water is so hot. Today my water was 85 degrees out of the tap, so I am thrilled to say the least. AG brew days are always busy for me since I brew alone & just didn't want to try something out of the norm, so since this was a relatively easy brew day, I thought this would be a good time to try it. Will not brew on hot days without again!:D

Late check in, but I brewed two 6 gallon batches yesterday. My house amber recipe and a smash with 2 row and US Tettnanger hops.

I originally planned to just brew the Amber, but when I got close the end of the mash, since it had been almost 6 weeks since my last brew day, I got the itch and decided to throw together a quick beer.

I had recently picked up the US Tet and since I'd never tasted them before, I decided this is probably the best way to get a feel for what they do. Great day of brewing.

Dad-gummit! forgot to make my starter for a brew day on Sunday and had no dry yeast as backup. I am starting it today for use on Wednesday (I hope I can get the brew started as soon as I get home from work). But I did mix up 15 gallons of Apfelwein on Sat and boy has it been bubbling away.

Well, since all the crab apple trees were destroyed in our neighborhood...thanks HOA management company...there are only a couple trees left that are on private property. I guess I need to go ask permission from one of the neighbors. Luckily, I'm aquainted with one of them and it shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping to blend some crabs with some Cripp's Pink apples and make some hard cider... maybe apfelwein? (Haven't tried that yet.)

DSC05191.jpg

DSC05192.jpg

Doing a milk stout. I just kegged a blonde/saison and an IPA, so I freed up some fermenter space.

Scheduled to do a 3.5 gallon batch of BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter, probably Friday night after the wife leaves for work.

Brewing a 5.5 gallon Saison w/ Brett B this weekend. Had a starter of Brett B going for 2 weeks. Going to pitch 3711 and Brett at the same time.

I'm going to try and brew my Pumpkin Ale sometime this weekend. Four cans of Pumpkin right in the mash...rice hulls to the rescue!

Couldn't squeeze it in last weekend. I'm planning on a Saturday morning brew. :ban:

Not this weekend but I have 5 days off next weekend (Labor Day!) and want to get brewing a beer in memorium as a good friend of mine passed away on Wednesday 8/20. Need it to be a big beer so we can get "Irished" up!!!

Latest posts

Back