So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 more hour of work then I'll either be brewing right away or this afternoon..regardless brewing up my first attempt at a RIS! Big beer, big grain bill, can't wait!

I am talking to the owner of my LHBS about using his space to make an RIS. He was intrigued as well, so maybe I can convince the SWMBO to make that my Xmas gift!

I just do not have the equipment to handle 30+ lbs of grain or a 15 gal boil kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pushed my MLT to its limit. 23.5 lbs of grain and 7.5-8 gallons of water. But I managed to hit my temp dead on, I know the limit of my MLT!

1407530947031.jpg

1407530970312.jpg

Woah, I think I had 22 lb in mind once and that was a lot of work.

Cleaning up then getting water for a sour I'll be brewing tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt a decoction for a helles

That fine grain river gravel looks almost like grains! I take it that was on purpose? Looks kinda cool in that shot...:rockin::mug:

That fine grain river gravel looks almost like grains! I take it that was on purpose? Looks kinda cool in that shot...:rockin::mug:

Oh thanks. Not on purpose. I'm not that creative with landscaping. Makes for a good a brewing place though.

Oh thanks. Not on purpose. I'm not that creative with landscaping. Makes for a good a brewing place though.

Its on! Brewing a harvest centennial black two hearted and a wet hopped chinook black session rye ipa tomorrow!

Mashing in an ESB with WLP006! Topping in around 50 IBU using target, northdown, first gold, challenger, EKG, an willamette. Looking forward to this one!

Done cleaning up are brewing my first sour. The de bom packet smelled awesome by itself when i opened it to pitch.
Tomorrow I'm brewing a helles. Never done a two brew weekend, so it should be interesting.

Did Yooper's house ale yesterday. Brewing as of now Sam Adams White Lantern. Hoping to do Firestone Walker 805 (Yumm!) tomorrow.

Did an American IPA yesterday, an Amber ale today and planning on a Koelner and a saison tomorrow. Next weekend it's Belgian dark strong and a milk stout.

LHBS had Brewers Best kits on sale, so picked up the Summer Ale seasonal. Last batch was an IPA, which SWMBO doesn't care for (more for me...score!), so I am hoping she will enjoy this one! Going to whip it up tonight.

Just finished setting up and testing Blichmann Tower of Power! work like a champ! No more Igloo cooler for me! Will prolly brew a SmaSh with Maris Otter and Amarillo and split in 2 3 gals carboy and pitch different yeast....

Brewing my 1.5X IPA on Sunday. The hopping schedule of a double IPA, but capped at 7% ABV so that I can drink more of it without getting loopy.

I brewed a 7% IPA yesterday and today, too (will do one more tomorrow for the trub series). I was also thinking it is about an IPA and a half at that ABV. I organized grains and hops this weekend as well. Bottling batch 11 in a few minutes!

I'm brewing right now. First time trying Edwort's Haus Ale. 30 minute hop edition in 10 minutes!

Not technically "brewing", but starting a new beverage project and bottling another tonight, and racking one to tertiary tomorrow. Racking my Cherry Belle Citra Saison micro batch (just barely under a gallon) tomorrow to tertiary to settle. Starting a small batch of a non-alcoholic ginger beer for by brother in-law from Trinidad and bottling a peach-pineapple tepache tonight. I might boil a quart of water to add to the saison to get it just over a gallon...I think it can handle it with no problem.

DSC05249.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05239.jpg

Wrapped up a nice, smooth, uneventful brew day, English Summer Ale. Mostly Maris Otter, with a lb of wheat and a 1/2 lb of biscuit, a fairly low mash temp (149), 1.043 and 40 IBUs, and a combination of EKG and Challenger with a boatload of late hops and Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire. Kinda like a low gravity APA but with English ingredients. Hoping for 1.008-1.010 or so FG for about 4.5% ABV. My first crack at the style, so I hope it comes out well.

This afternoon I brewed Northern Brewer's Smashing Pumpkin Ale so it will be ready by Halloween. I included real pumpkin and a couple extra pounds of 6-row. Then tonight I did their Zoomin 20 minute Pale Ale.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Got lazy yesterday so instead I'll be bottling my honey wheat ale today as I brew my Lil Sumpin Sumpin clone, in order to have an empty primary in which to ferment. Gotta wake up my daughter to assist with bottling, cause she stayed up late as usual! Lol

Brewed up a 10 gallon batch of an irish stout yesterday. First time racking onto a yeast cake had a crazy active fermentation start in less then 4 hours. I transferred a 6 gallon batch of an irish red from my conical to keg while I was brewing the stout.

Brewed up a batch of Nut Brown Ale to start out the Fall brewing rotation! Also kegged a Chinook IPA.. cant wait to try it the sample was delicious!

Brewed a 3 gallon batch yesterday, my first try at an IPA, and the house has a pretty hoppy smell going!

Used a small starter with yeast propogated in April, and wondered how viable it would be. I needn't have worried, it took off after only about 3 hours and I had a mess to clean this morning since my blowoff bottle overflowed. A good problem to have!

Scott

Mashing my first tweak of my Larry Nelson IPA right now. Maris Otter base, warrior-nelson-citra hopped, with a dash of crystal 40 and carapils. Using s-04 and checking in right around 60 IBU

Finally brewing again this weekend!! Making a double batch of buffalo sweat clone. Half with get pumpkin spice and half with get vanilla beans. Stout season is almost upon us. ;)

Latest posts

Back