So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the question is "who brewed this weekend?", I'd respond by saying that I brewed an "American amber" Friday. Cheers!

Just about done mashing my Porter I'll add vanilla beans too. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404656754.783178.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

I'm brewing a session from leftover grains today.

Got an imperial cherry, chocolate stout lined up for next week. I'm gonna barrel age it with Southern Comfort barrels. I pitted 18 lbs of cherries. I got purple stained cuticles still, after three days.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm brewing a session from leftover grains today.

Got an imperial cherry, chocolate stout lined up for next week. I'm gonna barrel age it with Southern Comfort barrels. I pitted 18 lbs of cherries. I got purple stained cuticles still, after three days.

Decided to alter a American ale recipe with a higher hops schedule. Hopefully, I'll get a nice hoppy session.

The only advice I can give is don't add the fake peach flavoring. The base beer turned out okay. Not sour at all, though. But the ginger is a nice addition. The peach flavoring completely ruins it IMO.
I bought it when they were offering free shipping on all their kits last year. It sounded interesting, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's been at least 9 months or so and I still have more than half the batch left just sitting around. Not sure if I'll be able to get through them all or not.

Thanks for the advice. I was a little worried about the liquid flavoring when it came in the mail. I haven't had good luck with those in the past.

Just finished my Irish Red! Whew... A smooth brew day in all respects. Everyone was sacked out after two days of fun, food and family (and UFC fights!). Great weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just finished a rebrew of my Citra IPA, and as I started to transfer out of the boil kettle, noticed I have a cracked carboy. First one in over 18 years. Glad I had a backup.

1404678564385.jpg

Another brewers best russian imperial stout kit with 1lb brown sugar added for usual bumped up abv of 8.7%. You could go mad with this kit and get her up to 13% if you wanted, but I'm too old for that kinda drinking. It's A tasty trusted kit and a bargain at only 41.99 shipped. It's from some place in New Syrmna beach Florida. This is THE bang for the buck for me. Today I dealt with the usual unruly krausen foam monster trying to enter our living chambers. I split the batch into two buckets for the first two or three days until the yeasties start behaving!

Thanks for the advice. I was a little worried about the liquid flavoring when it came in the mail. I haven't had good luck with those in the past.

No problem, sorry it wasn't better news. I hope everything works out good for you and the brew day goes well.
Since the flavoring is supposed to be added at bottling, just taste the beer first and if you like it the way it is without it, then I just wouldn't add it and bottle as is. It would be a nice beer to have for the warmer months. I just wish I would've went with my gut and not added the flavoring to mine.

I'll be doing both my 2nd and 3rd brews this coming weekend on Saturday & Sunday. I've got ingredients for 3 kits, so I'm trying to decide between the pale ale, oatmeal cream stout, and saison.

I'm brewing my 3rd batch this weekend. The first 2 are great, but I made a handful of mistakes on my first (Brewers Best Summer Ale). I'm thinking of brewing it again and correcting those mistakes to see what I missed out on. As a rookie, the instructions seemed like a foreign language of acronyms. The result was hops and spices added too early. Then, I primed my siphon with sanitizer and accidentally racked it into my priming sugar. Amazingly, everybody loved it. Lessons learned, and the next brew went great. My local homebrew store sells Brewers Best kits. If anybody has a must try, I'll consider it.

Got my first two batches in about 9 months down on Sunday, AG APA (thought it's really British malts, American Yeast, and NZ hops) and an AG ESB. Definitely have missed brewing, and wonderful to see them bubbling away.

Finished up my Rainbow Peppercorn Saison two days ago. Even with a blowoff tube, I found myself cleaning the ceiling of my laundry room yesterday. Hazaah!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Zombie Dust clone on Thursday can't wait bought 15lbs of grain today, 9oz's of Citra and 2 packs of US-04. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Going to brew a Big Wave Golden Ale clone this weekend for the upcoming fantasy football draft at the end of August.

Bottling Jamil's Evil Twin, transferring Dawson's Multigrain Red and brewing a Chocolate Milk Stout for Christmas...

I'm brewing RIGHT NOW! Yeah!

A cascade pale ale. Almost halfway through the boil. Gonna pitch some BRY-97 when I get it chilled.

Planning my first decoction mash brew with 60% pilsner, 40% light Munich malt, some magnum for bittering and Saaz for flavor. Wyeast 2124 ferment at 50.

Double batch weekend for me.

Tank 7 inspired Saison and a Amarillo/Centenntial/Citra IPA. 20 gallons coming right up!

First brew on my Blichmann Top Tier. In fact my first traditional mash. Up 'til now I've been a BIAB guy. Ran across a great deal and now I have to see what the fuss is about ;-) I will be doing a 13 gallon Pliny clone. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Transferred my "Auld Knucker" American IPA to secondary to dry hop yesterday and going to brew "Cali Creamin'" Vanilla Cream Ale today. Both are clone kits from a local brewery called Mother Earth. Today will be my second batch ever:D

If I can ever manage to get out of the car dealer, I'm brewing today. Falconer's Flight IPA and if I have time, a Honey Jalapeño Saison.

Brewed a Hopslam Clone that I'm pretty sure needs a different name.

I just started the boil and I was very close to tossing the first hop charge in. I brew outside my front patio and I have a sidewalk, then a little lane of grass/trees and a bike trail that runs along a river and I'm sitting in a lawn chair just chilling. Look up across the the bike trail and this scene unfolds in about 7 seconds.

Me: *internal monologue* "Why is that squirrel chasing that baby rabbit?"
Me: *internal monologue* "Why is that brown squirrel chasing that baby rabbit?"
Me: *internal monologue* "Thats not a squirrel, why is that brown weasel thing..."
Brown weasel thing catches the baby rabbit, baby rabbit screams, and is abbruptly cut off.

Me: "OOOOOOOOHH SWMBO THE THING... IT DIED. THAT THING JUST CAUGHT IT AND ATE IT AND RAN AWAY ACROSS THE BIKE TRAIL WITH THE CORPSE... THAT THING JUST FRIGGING ATE IT"

I am contemplating naming this beer Silence of the Cottontail.

Latest posts

Back