So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday being the only day off I have from driving duty where my son's job is concerned,I'll be getting the saison brewed up then. Got the fermenter drained,rinsed & dried along with the spigot. The Cooper's Microbrew FV is still as clean as new. Now on to rinse & dry the bottling bucket & the home Depot orange one I crush my grains into & I'll be ready.

I was planning on an experimental American wheat ft. Goji berries for science. Then I came to the horrifying discovery that I'm down to 3 bottles of IPA remaining! I may need to change plans or brace myself for an epic brew day.

We are brewing on Tuesday, 2 pale ales - one will be our first ever Spelt beer.

More importantly our last brew will be just about ready to drink. Can't wait, it looked amazing going into the bottles - Rye Stout, yum.

3.4 kg Maris Otter Pale
0.8 kg CaraBelge
0.5 kg Crystal Rye
0.5 kg Chocolate (High Colour)
0.5 kg Flaked Rye
40 g Pearl @ 60 min IBU 20.02
25 g Bramling Cross @ 25 min IBU 9.54
15 g Bramling Cross @ 10 min IBU 2.99
175g Dates (@ 20 min boil)
175g Dates (secondary)

Crossing my fingers that I get a brew in tomorrow. My blonde ale. I'm going to call it "Bane of Dagwood". Get it?

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

BM Helles Belles tomorrow and Edwort Haus Pale Ale on sunday, after that a week in Vegas!

Probably brew on Monday. First ever 10 gal BIAB batch. Basic C3C. Gonna add fruit to half in 2 weeks.

Getting at starter going tonight.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a Scotch Ale BIAB tomorrow, if I can get the recipe that I want and if it looks like something I can manage. Hoping to clone Raleigh Brewing Company's Blatherskite. Sampled it not too long ago and really enjoyed it. Plus I have a Scottish friend and a brother in-law that is of Scottish descent and I think they would both appreciate it.

Hmmm...a little reading and I get the inpression I should wait for cooler temps to do a Scotch Ale. I don't have a way to control fermenting temperature. It could ce in the 72 to 74F range inside my house and I won't be able to babysit it constantly with some kind of ice pack system. May have to go for another Summer beer...something that will tolerate fermentation at my house temp range. Ah, well. May have to do the Scotch Ale in November.

I've been kicking around the idea of re-purposing those ice pack things they send my yeast in. Frozen & strapped around the fermenter to keep temps more reasonable. I still wonder how well they'd work?:mug:

Oatmeal Stout today......had to travel all week for work so wasn't home to do a starter...so I have to run up to LHBS to get another vial of yeast so I can pitch enough

I think I'll be doing a chocolate coconut imperial milk stout Sunday or Monday. I want to do it while I grill a pork butt. Anyone wanna come help?

Was supposed to brew the other day...stupid work keeps calling.

Washed yeast from my current saison for the first time a few weeks ago. now have a starter going from that, and plan on finally getting around to brewing a ginger saison for my buddy's wedding (2 redheads are getting married, it seemed fitting). I call it "Le Conte de Deux Gingers"

I gotta take my son to work later & run try Walmart for some of those 1 gallon PET jugs with the handle on the side. Need'em for spring water,Starsan & PBW solutions. Tired of replacing regular jugs or SunnyD ones once a year or so. Wanna get everything together to brew my first saison tomorrow.:mug:

Just mashed in on a Pale. Perle FWH, Cascade, & Palisade. Hopefully like SNPA on steroids! :mug:

pulling a double shift. started at 6am and am almost done with the boil on my award winning oat stout. then I have a all cascade/chinook 50/50 mix ipa in the tun, just waiting to fly just as soon as this boil is done. gonna be a long day

I'm heating strike water for northern brewers pirate plunder India black ale, never tried a beer like this before so we'll see how it goes

Beauty of a day for brewing here in MT. Cheers all

1400964949572.jpg

1400964963892.jpg

I wound up doing a wheat/rye brew yesterday with a mixture of hops and I plan on adding some citrus zest in the secondary. Similar to a Pete's Summer Ale. Wort sample is very promising. Pitched with US-05 and bubbling nicely this morning.

Well,had to clean the lil radiator thing under the fridge in an attempt to restore normal temps. Couldn't get my spring water in the fridge either. gotta get creative there to brew maybe tomorrow. Wanna get the saison going,as I also started a thread about revisiting my Dampfbier recipe. Wanna get that one going next,after the Irish red gets bottled. Since dampfbier also ferments a little warm,it'll be another summer beer to brew. That's when the Germans used to brew it,they say. And being from Upper Bavaria,I thought it'd be cool to brew up some family history.

Back