So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a big Belgian Triple based on the recipe in Gordon Strongs "Brewing Better Beers". Finished my mash. boil is running. Pre-boil gravity was already 1.071!!!! Granted that was with the sugar already added... Still, going to be a big beer. Glad I made a huge starter!

I've run out of fermenters! Guess I'll be bottling this evening. Tomorrow I'm thinking a quick light Vienna SMaSH. Either looking at Northern Brewer or Amarillo hops, haven't decided yet. Maybe max efficiency and parti-gyle one of each. Suggestions welcomed.

Just doughed in a simple Saison recipe. Pils, Wheat and Munich. Gonna hop it to about 28 ibus with EKG and Strisselspalt and ferment with Yeast Bays Saison/Brett blend. Pretty excited about this yeast. I've had it on the plate since Thursday night and it smells fantastic! :rockin:

I've got all the stuff for a Vienna/EKG (mostly) SMaSH for brewing tomorrow. Added 2oz of Crystal 80 for color.

Hoping to brew 10gal of Cream of Three Crops if the weather will place nice.

Today is wet and cold so i'm taking labels off 8 cases of beer. Oh what a joy that is!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398530861.973573.jpg

I've my saison on the boil. Last summer I had good luck with a big starter and a blanket around the fermentor.

I'm just finishing up a Black IPA, a recipe I got from Northern Brewer that came with my beersmith program. Brewed it last year, it was a complete hit at a Steely Dan concert tailgate party. This time I whirlpooled the last hop addition, experimenting with a pump, whirlpool arm and therminator I got over the winter.

I love that I upgraded my brewing situation, I was always missing numbers last year and pretty displeased with how my results came out even though the beer tasted ok. I dunno, maybe it's just that I had the winter to contemplate the hobby. Either way today has been a really fun experience. Then again I've had a few Back in Black IPAs by 21st Ammendment brewing... :drunk:

Back in black myself. Haven't been able to brew since late last year. Got two more beer E/SG kits,Irish red ale & ESB. Had two milk jugs of local spring water leak out on me. Had to replace'em with Food Club spring water at Giant Eagle today. Brewing the red ale in the morning. Using my "new" Midwest shorty bucket fermenter as well. I can hear it now..."Say whooooo,that's a bad short ya got there missa! Whatcha been trying to do,lowa it?":D

Wife and I are moving in less than a month so I told myself I wasn't going to brew anything until then.
Good thing I convinced myself that was a stupid idea because I've got Edwort's Pale Ale that needs to be brewed tomorrow :D

Woo hoo after buying a house, doing a complete remodel and changing jobs twice since November I'm finally able to brew and chill out:rockin:. All is peaceful, wait.... and
the yellow jackets just found my wort :eek:

Just finished first brew on your sculpture and the first brew and eight months was quite rusty but it worked out well hit my gravity Spot on

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I ran out of punkin ale clone a few weeks ago. I know it's not the season, but I can't get enough. I now plan on always having this brew on hand. Love my punkin ;)

I brewed my pumpkin in January because that's when I could get to it.

I finally wrapped up my dampfbier brewday. I was good on my preboil gravity but under on my post boil gravity. Collected an extra 1/4 gallon. I think the steady rain had something to do with it.

Did a Maine Beer Company MO inspired pale ale with a split batch yeast experimentImageUploadedByHome Brew1398560954.534094.jpg. One batch 001 and the other 007. Can't wait until this is done!

if I can squeeze 6 hours of work, grocery shopping, i will try to brew that mint chocolate stout that keep calling my name...

FInally brewing my Blackberry Red Ale.

I was supposed to do this two weeks ago, but stuff got in the way.

Just brewing the base beer tomorrow... I'll add the blackberries (in a bag) after aggressive fermentation is done....

The red. I've got a recipe I posted for a partial mash one I came up with. Just looking to see what others are using to maybe up mine a bit more.

Sent from a happy little yeastie.

Here is what I used. Not sure how it lines up with others. We'll see how it does.

11 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 74.2 %
3 lbs Wheat Malt, Pale (Weyermann) (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 19.4 %
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 3 6.5 %
• Estimated pre-boil gravity is 1.065 SG

Boil Ingredients

0.30 oz Warrior [15.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 4 12.4 IBUs
1.10 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 5 -
6.00 lb Cherries (In Secondary) Other 6 -
• Estimated Post Boil Vol: 5.72 gal and Est Post Boil Gravity: 1.081 SG

Hope you guys had as good of a brew day as mine was. One stuck sparge, but it still worked out. I did two back to back all grain brews without too many hiccups so I'm happy.

I fired up the burner this morning at 7 and soon as the last pot was cleaned I climbed back on the lawn mower and mowed about 5 acres. I just came in from finishing up the yard. Had to use a headlamp to trim, but i'm done. I'm beyond dead tired, but man what a fabulous weekend.

Just mashed in ten minutes ago. Making a tangerine wheat. Wife thinks i am a little crazy. she woke up and came out to garage and said "really". She smiled and I said honey but their a lot of guys that do early morning brews so we can spend the rest of the day with you. She laughed.

got the smoked wheat malt for a Grodziskie/Grätzer, will be brewing it on Monday

nobody tell the boss I'm brewing during working hours

PSRT (Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme) done and in primary. Belgian Bombshell Ale is in the fridge ready to drink. Looking forward to the Tripel I will be brewing in 2 weeks.

Heating water for a couple pounds of steeping grains for a more beer Irish Red kit. Taking forever on small burner since wife using big one. so much for a quick brew day.

Going to do Beirmuncher's Cascade blonde and Cream of three crops tomorrow to get a flow going before 1st baby comes in June. Just moved so I hope there won't be too many kinks with "new" set up.

Steep just about done for the red. Gonna dunk sparge'em next. Will have to wait till maybe Friday to brew the ESB. Gotta get paid first.

Latest posts

Back