So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 minutes left in the boil - and now theres a tornado warning.

Beats my issue of watching my propane tank putter out with 4 minutes left in my boil.

Brewed an amber for people (and me) but my OG is quite literally 10 points too high. trying to figure it out. Aeration was great, top off to 5 gallons and while it is extract, it wasn't a kit so I may increase the batch since I don't have another vial of WLP005 and I don't think it'll be okay with just one at that OG based on what Mr. Malty has to say. :eek:

Got a BIAB Newcastle clone staged and ready to brew this evening. Almost out, and SWMBO says don't let it get that low again! Yes, Mam!

10 gallon brew day. Made a 10 gallon OG 1.072 and 90 IBU wort, split, steeped a pound of carafa III and a pound of caramel 60 then boiled and added to half. I pitched a 2 liter starter of WLP001 to each and set a blow off tube. Magnum, Columbus, Amarillo and Centennial in the boil. Will dry hop the IPA with Centennial and Citra. The black IPA will get a Simcoe Amarillo dry hop. Looking forward to sampling these brews!

All. Friggin. Done. I broke my hydrometer, burnt up my drill, ripped open my grain bag and spilled grain everywhere, got a hole in my BIAB, clogged up pump because of said hole, spilled 155 degree wort on my foot trying to unclog said pump, got drenched running into and out of the house during a tornado warning, disregarded SWMBOs advice to take cover during the sirens, and sliced my hand when disassembling my CFC, but I got that goddam beer made.

All. Friggin. Done. I broke my hydrometer, burnt up my drill, ripped open my grain bag and spilled grain everywhere, got a hole in my BIAB, clogged up pump because of said hole, spilled 155 degree wort on my foot trying to unclog said pump, got drenched running into and out of the house during a tornado warning, disregarded SWMBOs advice to take cover during the sirens, and sliced my hand when disassembling my CFC, but I got that goddam beer made.

you're a damn trooper, son.

Cathedral said:

I salute you.

Cathedral said:

You are fighting the good fight. Nicely done.

Brewing my double black IPA tomorrow. Second time brewing. Was more of an imperial black ale than a DIPA, but super delicious with some nice roasty notes blended with a hop assault. Psyched!

respect-049.gif
. We are not worthy!

The dedication is paramount. That's gonna taste like one of the best beers you've ever had, if only on account of what you went through to make it.

Jeep floor pans are almost completed. Should be done next 2-3 days, which means I shall have almost the entire weekend to do other things. Which means finally brewing a beer or two!

I've got too many on my to-do list to choose one right now. I know a couple who wants to brew a Rye Pale Ale, so if they are able to brew this weekend then that's what I'll brew. Otherwise the possibilities are nearly endless.

Will be doing my first AG brew this weekend. Can't wait to see the AG in action, but kind of psyched out about it too. I read too much on here lol.

Doing a side-by-side brew day with a friend who's also doing AG brewing, this will be his second time. If there's enough time afterwards, I want to do an Extract kit that I have in waiting.

Saturday is my Fiance's bachelorette party. While that happens I will be brewing up some Zombie Dust.

Was going to brew again this weekend but the weather doesn't look favorable.

Oh come on. It's forecast to be 31 and snowing where I'm at.

Fordzilla said:
Saturday is my Fiance's bachelorette party. While that happens I will be brewing up some Zombie Dust.

Oh come on. It's forecast to be 31 and snowing where I'm at.

I don't mind snow... It's the high winds that do in my burner.

Had to delay my brewing this past weekend so I'm currently brewing up a Honey Brown Ale and excited to try my hand at no-chill! Really hoping it works out well.. Between BIAB and no-chill, the amount of equipment I had to take out is about 1/2 of what I've used in the past.. Cheers!

Mixing it up and taking a small break from all of the brown and amber ales I've been brewing over last 2-3 months.. going to brew up a nice light cream ale tomorrow!

I'm not actually brewing, but I will be bottling a St. Paul Porter around Saturday. The diacetyl rest should be complete by then, I think. Gonna be delicious!

Brewing up a 5gal batch all grain of MOOSE DROOL... cant wait considering on punching it up with a bit of Espresso or strong coffee

Cooling the wort for a strawberry citrusy blonde. Added some extra cascade and galaxy, plus some orange peel and lemon peel to the usual recipe...

Cathedral said:

Winning.

Back