So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a Dark and an all-home-grown-hopped IPA in the ferm fridge yesterday afternoon, this morning the yeast were having a party...

Cheers!

ab_aug31_2013_14_sm.jpg

Just finished up a smash 2.5 gallon MO and Amarillo with Chico. Hit 1.062 (1.060 target) O2 aerated and started bubbling in two hours. Gonna relax the rest of the weekend!

I'm brewing a hefeweizen. Second all grain batch.... So far things went spot on. Currently waiting for the boil. Much better experience that my first ag batch. I'm sure the first will be drinkable, but more than a few interesting moments in that one. I'll know more in a few weeks. Just waiting for a keezer spot to open up. :)

I brewed up a low-gravity brown ale on Thursday, and fermentation has almost stopped today. Not shocking, since it started at about 1.038. Fermented with WLP004 so that I could get a healthy pitch of yeast for an RIS that I plan to brew soon.

I am not too sure on how this will turn out, but I hope it is an easy drinking but tasty brew. Generously hopped with cascade, so I guess this is a session ABA?

I started out thinking I'd brew two kits. I ended up getting only one in time before dark. It's a fat tire clone. It took just under 3 hours from the minute I started the flame to when I put the wort in an ice bath. It too a little longer to cool the wort than before but this time I had the roaring boil I was supposed to have.

Final racking temp was 60° and OG, with variation in temp considered, was nearly spot on. It was 1.036 instead of 1.049 but my temp was lower and I uses the hydrometer temp adjustment calculator to see if I hit the target.

It was a lot more work and cleanup with the brew kettle soot from the propane burner was everywhere, but I did it. Also put it in a better bottle for my first time. Now to try and keep this bad boy cool using the swamp cooler. :ban:

I am tired and excited.

Brewed up my own creation today (it was hot too). An IPA I'm calling Chubacabra Charlie (after our dog). Lots of Centennial and Simcoe. Got it done by shortly after noon and it's already starting to do it's business.

Made 3--1.5 gal batches of mead. Heres a 1.5 gal of JAOM-probably my one and only. Got some fresh local clover honey for this,nice-light and mellow should work well.

0902031449.jpg

0902031447.jpg

Had the day off so brewed up a Northern English brown. Brewing a pumpkin ale this Sunday(prior to football of course!)

image-560546914.jpg

Just bottled up my first attempt at the 15 min Cascade Ale - so I'll have my second fermenter free for my double brew day on Sat. Not to mention the yeast to build back up for Sat night.

First up another ESB, first time all-grain for that style. Once that is in the can (so to speak), I'll dive into another 20 min boil recipe - this time an Oaked Brown Ale.

Not too much time to brew these days, so I try to make the most of it. So far so good, both fermenters have been full most of the last 4 months or so..

co-brew with a fellow brew clubber on Saturday will be my first lager, a Czech Pilsner

wanted to go with Polish hops, but he moved the date up & I didn't get a chance to order, so it will be all Saaz

also, lhbs was closed on Mon, didn't pick up ingredients until Wed. just enough time to make a starter

Getting with the season, whipping up a batch of Pumpkin Spice beer for the fall, while enjoying my Sam Summer clone
:rockin:

Brewing a Weizenbock from Jamil's BYO recipe back in Jan/2012. I'm using wyeast 3056, which contains a blend of bavarian wheat and american ale 1056. If I wanna keep this thing ending around 1.020, do I need to mash around 155, given my starting gravity will probably be in the 1.085 range? I've never used blended yeasts before, it's all they had at LHBS, but do I just treat this as 1056 normal attenuation?

Today I'll be brewing the "Abner Doubleday Amber IPA"

14 lbs Brewers Malt 2-Row (Briess)
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L
5.0 oz Chocolate (Briess)
1.00 oz Bravo [16.30 %] - Boil 60.0 min
1.00 oz Bravo [16.30 %] - Boil 20.0 min
1.35 oz Cascade (homegrown) [5.00 %] - Boil 16.0 min
1.00 oz Bravo [16.30 %] - Boil 5.0 min
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml] Yeast 8 -
1.00 oz Bravo [16.30 %] - Dry Hop 4.0 Days

Est Original Gravity: 1.082 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.018 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 8.5 %
Bitterness: 99.8 IBUs
Est Color: 17.2 SRM

Brewed my second formulation of Little Lion IPA earlier this week. All grain, with a brand new hop profile: Centennial to bitter, flavor and aroma from Cascade and Willamette, and a Simcoe hop stand. Planning to dry hop with more Simcoe in about ten days.

Only got about 3.5 gallons out of 7.5 gallons water to start with, though. Also learned the hard way to stop putting whole cone hops in the boil without some kind of screen on the output :)

Brewing NB dead ringer ipa with my new blinchman buner. All grain double crush biab. I love this beer! Plan on buying in bulk and making my own recipes.

Brewing a "Royal IPA" from my local home brewer shop! It's a clone/tribute to the beer that was brewed for the royal wedding a few years back! 3 hop additions (British hops) and I'm using the California Ale Yeast WLP001 since it can handle the 74-79 degree fermenting temps I'm dealing with here in Florida. Beer brewing and Football!

Wingnutt73 said:
Brewing as we speak!! A Pumkin ale added some brown sugar and Molassas. Yum.
nice. Did you add the BS to the boil?

I'll be doing a pumpkin after I clean up from doing yard work and go buy another storage tub. :D Excited to get that pumpkin fermenting. My fat tire clone has been in for nearly a week and I'm rocking the temperature control (unlike last time).

Latest posts

Back