So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be cleaning my new keg this weekend which should be here tomorrow (Fedex delivers on Saturdays according to the tracking?) and I'll be running to the local brew shop for keg lube and more cleaner. I'll be kegging my first Dunkel the following weekend if the gravity readings are good.

For the first time in ages, I'll be brewing this weekend. Will finally be doing the big Irish red that I've been planning.

I'm going to brew a pale ale as soon as i get off work. Would rather do it on Saturday when I have more time, but SWMBO says I have plans to go clothes shopping tomorrow. :( At least I get a little piece of happiness today.

image-2265230959.jpg

Brewed the celebration ale clone today, after a week of fermenting, gonna dry hop it with cascade and centennial.

Color didn't seem to be there right away but we'll see how it is after kegging!

For Ken's Sake American Pale Ale, and spiced Belgian wit (my winter beer). Had my LHBS had flaked maize, my buddy would have had a Molson clone too (I know, I know).

I would be brewing but I have tickets for the Shreveport Oktoberfest on Saturday. Guess I better go to that instead.

today my son is coming over and we are brewing a pilsner

and my second son is coming over and we are watching Notre Dame football.

and that sounds like a pretty, darned, good day to me.

home brew, both sons, and notre dame football.

the only way it could be any better is if i could figure out how to do all that AND be on a golf course at the same time.

:)

hagw, everyone

Tombraider2 said:
Not brewing but racked the IPA, I want to make a winter beer of some kind. Any idea's ?

Oatmeal stouts are great winter beers or any creamy stout

I'm currently in the middle of a strong Scotch Porter. Just finished the decoction and I'm mashing out even as we speak. The decoction idea I picked up from Fred DuJour, and I wouldn't do a scottish without it anymore. :D

Mash is recirculating as I type. Brewing a Simcoe/Cascade Wheat Pale Ale. I mostly had some Briess Wheat on hand so I used 70% wheat and the rest Crisp MO and a little medium English Crystal malt. US-05 yeast. I made a pale ale with the same crystal malt and hops that I really liked but mostly 2 row instead of wheat. It's an experiment that I hope turns out ok.

6 gals of Indian Red Ale (Jamil's West Coast Blaster w/ Cascade and Amarillo substitutions)

5.5 gals of Weihenstephaner Dunkel

Brewing up my almost famous Citra/Amarillo Pale Ale either tonight or tomorrow morning. Best beer I've ever made, hope round 2 comes out just as good. Also, bottled a red ale last night and finally bottling my pumpkin ale sometime this weekend.

Brewing up my almost famous Citra/Amarillo Pale Ale either tonight or tomorrow morning. Best beer I've ever made, hope round 2 comes out just as good. Also, bottled a red ale last night and finally bottling my pumpkin ale sometime this weekend.

I want that pale recipe.

I'm brewing a strawberry blond hefeweizen tonight!! Wish me luck!!! Can't wait to drink it! :)

I Just brewed the Brewing Network Hop Grenade IPA (they have a contest were everyone must use the same kit)

It was the worst brewing day for me ever and I would be amazed if I don't get an infected batch. I Accidentally added too much water so I had to boil for 90 minutes instead of 60. Then the plate chiller got clogged 3 times, thanks to the 2 ounce 0 minute hop addition. I had to transfer the wort into a bucket and clean the chiller, then I ran it back through the chiller again. fingers crossed, but I don't think I'll be entering this batch into any competition. I scheduled my day for a quick batch and it ended up taking longer than my all grain batches.

wesw801 said:
I'm brewing a strawberry blond hefeweizen tonight!! Wish me luck!!! Can't wait to drink it! :)

Good luck. I just dropped yeast into my batch of St. Nick's Honey Hole. An English Brown with honey and a little xmas spirit. Bottling after Thanksgiving and then sending to friends and family. Better start those xmas brews, fellas. That strawberry blonde hef sounds like a panty dropper. Better keep it near the mistle toe.

Pumpkin carving in the morning, brewing a Holiday Ale in the afternoon. Next weekend it'll be a Dunkel. My second and third batches, respectively. I still have another week to wait until I can crack open my English Bitter, but I'll be damned if I didn't drink the dredges of the bottling bucket last week.

Tomorrow I'm brewing a Oaked vanilla cream stout, with just enough lactose for a good mouthfeel but not overly sweet. Should be ready by Christmas :)

I've got a wedding coming up and need to do

15 IPA
15 Pale
15 Honeywheat
5 Stout

I'll also be doing 5 of each for myself. I just can't decide which I should do first.

::sigh:: first world problems.

First time ever brewing for me today. Have the two-bucket Brewer's Best system, and will be brewing a Muntons Connoisseur Export Pilsner, with the balance of the fermentables in the form of extra light DME. After this is bottled, next up will be a Muntons Nut Brown Ale. Then get a good carboy for some secondary fermentation and maybe a couple kit recipes using grains and hops, and then on to customization.

Been drinking the stuff for 38 years. Figured it was time to understand it better. It's fun starting something new. You put your foot out onto the road and never know where you might end up. :)

11 gallons of oatmeal stout into the fermenters, clean-up complete (mostly) and now it's onto the couch with a homebrew and football!

Back