So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First batch has begun!!! I'm pumped!!!! One problem though, I've watched videos and read billions of threads and one thing I keep reading is you must have a homebrew, while you home brew. Since this is my first batch I don't have any. :(

So the question is..... Which came first, the home brew or the home brewer ?

Heating the strike water for my 1st 10 gallon batch, my favorite summer session brew, a spotted cow clone.

Mashing a fwh marris otter/chinook SMaSH right now so I can compare to the amarillo SMaSH I made last weekend.

2 lbs US 2-row
2 lbs wheat
1/2 60L Crystal
3 lbs Muntons Amber DME

I am going with 1 oz Northen at 45 min and 1/2 oz Cascade at 15 min with Lallemand Windsor yeast. Figure I'll end up with a kolsh/bitter hybrid!

Just cleaned up from my first double brew day. I did a pale ale, 4.5% abv, with loads of late citra additions. Its also my first time using WLP007, just looking to change it from 1056. I then did a brown ale with a pound of chocolate rye malt, 1/2 pound of flaked rye, and marris otter as a base. I am shooting for a bready, pumpernickel like beer for fall. This will be my test batch and I am splitting it between wlp002 and wlp028.

Practice run on dark candi sugar, seemed to go well, tasted nice.

Going to take some into work and test fermentability on the stir plate.

Black Ipa going on tomarrow at the ripoff time of early day also.Who decided to change time and add days to the year anyway? And why is the world not flat like it should be? And why cant i find a new cell phone battery anywhere?

If the world were flat, I'd live on the edge for sweet low and tangential gravity...if it worked that way

Brewing up a half batch of Widmer's X-114 right now. Really looking forward to seeing how close it is. Should at least be decent since it's a scaled version of the actual recipe.

vienna lager for cinco de mayo (cutting it close!) - 10 more g's of lambic for the barrel and i AM FULL... also 4 g of mead and started rotting some bananas for a primitive...

Sittin' here babying a (extremely full for my kettle) 90 min boil for my caramel quad...birds singing, it's crisp, cool and sunny out, cup of coffee in hand...really doesn't get much better...

Woke up to a nice steady fermentation on the Evil Twin (Hopbursted Red Ale) I brewed yesterday. I've gotten 3 brew days in over the last 4 weekends. For Feb/March in the Chicago area this is beyond awesome.

Brewed this year's first Pilsner yesterday. German style using a combo of Tettnanger, Hallertauer Mittelfru & a little Saaz. I used the 34/70 dry lager yeast for the first time. Here's a couple pics. OG was 1.052 & it'll be about 40 IBU.

431003_350440844993976_100000841899513_960442_1096835375_n.jpg

425799_350562918315102_100000841899513_960773_83676641_n.jpg

brewed an ipa yesterday.

10pounds 2row
3.5pounds wheat
1.25 pounds crystal 60
1pound rye
.5 carapils

3oz galena @ 60
1oz nugget @ 35
1oz columbus @ 25
1oz columbus, 1oz nugget, 1oz centennial @ 0

will dry hop with 1oz apollo, 1oz amarillo, 1oz cascade

pitched onto a cake of s04

Just put 10 gallons of a lawnmower ale to bed. Sealed the fermenter late yesterday evening, and its bubbling away happily right now. I hopped it (all but the bittering hops) with hops from last years' hopyard harvest. Not sure if I'm going to be growing them this year (waiting to see what sprouts up) -its a real hassle in the Florida heat. Providing 10 of this, and 10 of BYOs' Brewhouse Brown Ale clone. Next up will be a strong Belgian Blond Ale.
ahhh, I can taste it already!

Back