So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I forgot. Brewing a Moose Drool clone tomorrow w/ a buddy who's getting interested in the game.

While it mashes, we're gonna figure out what to do for my 1st lager--Helles, Maibock, Czech or German Pilsner, Vienna lager, or Classic American Pilsner.

Today my wife's brewing the American pale ale recipe from Brewing Classic Styles with cascade and citra hops. Her first PM brew! I'm so proud!
Tomorrow, I'm brewing v.2 of my Cascadian dark.... Looking forward to ending three weeks of no brewing.

I'm in the process of brewing a 60 minute clone. Wort is boiling and I've cracked a beer. Getting ready to start my first hop addition.

This is also the first time I've done a yeast starter. This was so easy! I'm bummed I haven't done one before.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Today my wife's brewing the American pale ale recipe from Brewing Classic Styles with cascade and citra hops. Her first PM brew! I'm so proud!
Tomorrow, I'm brewing v.2 of my Cascadian dark.... Looking forward to ending three weeks of no brewing.

How cool is that?! SWMBO not only getting deeper into the game, but rolling with BCS no less! Cheers!

I just doughed in Dude's Lake Walk Pale Ale. This will be the first time I've used either Amarillo or Simcoe. Also got a turkey, 2 hens and some bratwurst on the smoker. Music for the day - Vassar Clements. :mug:

DSC00921.jpg

Brewed a strong Scotch ale yesterday (Wee Honey II)... Due to technical difficulties (being resolved) I missed my target OG by a bit. I am taking steps to correct that though, so it will still come out at about 12%... :D :drunk:

Got one more brew session planned for this year (the 31st)... :rockin::ban:

Well,I'm still gathering ingredients for my Buckeye Burton ale V2,but we'll be cracking V1 with her summer ale Saturday. Revvy will be getting a couple bottles of V1 to compare with his sent out tomorrow. It's hard to get anywhere with the body shop draggin there heals. So I'll be gettin both fermenters busy at the 1st of the month. Not to mention,nordeastbrewer sent me a tasty lookin recipe that can be steeped or PM'd. Dang,I'm gunna be busy soon. That's entertainment! :rockin:

I'm planning a new batch of cider today, and my 2011 edition holiday (cookie) ale tomorrow. Kinda late for the holidays, but better late than never!

Just made a different version of Lakefronts Organic ESB.Altered with GW 2 row,willamette,and wlp005. Did a FWH because i was a little short on the willamette for the flavor additions.

I'm going to sprain my Christmas gland good, and then I'm going to come home and get a double batch of sima going. Should be soda-grade in a couple of days and saison-grade for New Year's Eve.

Starting the boil on my IPA. First batch on my new rig. Good way to the holiday weekend. Cheers everyone

Just finished my Light Oaked Zesta Punta IPA, trying for something similar to Cigar City White Oaked Jai Alai IPA. Mix of Ahtanum, Columbus, Centennial...dryhopped w/ 2 ounces Simcoe.

Planning on kegging 3 gallons regular and putting 2.5 gallons on half ounce light toased oak chips for for 10 days.

Just brewed an extract kit from Midwest that is supposed to be a Surley Furious clone. I'm excited about this one! Wait, I get excited about everyone!

Just an easy APA today. Almost done the boil. Also on Monday I will be brewing some sort of IPA.

Time off = build pipeline!

Just got the ingredients for my annual barleywine brew.

Gonna brew it up on Monday, so I'll have 36 gallons brewed before the end of the year.

Thanks to all who helped with the recipe. Will get up tomorrow morning and begin the process:

3 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)----------------89.7 %
3.2 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM)----------------5.1 %
3.2 oz Special Roast (50.0 SRM)-----------------------------5.1 %
0.25 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %]----Boil 60.0 min--39.6 IBUs
0.20 oz Centennial [10.00 %]-------Aroma Steep 15.0 min
0.21 oz Cascade [5.50 %]----------Aroma Steep-5.0 min
1.0 pkg Safale US-05)--------------Yeast
0.40 oz Cascade [5.50 %]-----------Dry Hop 7.0 Days
--------------------------------------------------------------
Est Original Gravity: 1.058
Est Final Gravity: 1.011
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 6.2 %