So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Monday count? I am planning to brew my wife a Summer Shandy clone. Or my version anyway. I am doing extract though since I don't have time for all grain with coaching. I am also going to split the batch amongst 3 yeasts, 1056, american wheat, and the hefe IV from white labs. I am going to try to use sorachi at flame out or close to and see how that works. I will then use crystal light or kool aid lemon aid mix after fermentation is done. I hope she likes it.

Building a Vienna/Amarillo sMasH on Sunday with my dad, it will be his first adventure in brewing. I've waited a long time to get my father hooked on beer making and I'm super excited!

I smoked 3lbs of 2 row over some alder wood a few months ago, and I'll be brewing a smoked porter tomorrow with it.

Bless thy wort o' metal gods....

image-22166425.jpg

Decided today that my pipeline (such as it is being that I just started) is taking a hard hit from Christmas and at this rate I'll never have a plenteful enough supply of beer if I don't step it up.

So I checked and the LHBS was open till 4 today. I already plan to do a brew next weekend to introduce a couple friends to this new wonderful hobby of mine. So I whipped up an easy, and hopefully quick brew to glass recipe.

So now I'm brewing a simple Weizen while enjoying some fairly decent local handcrafted hefeweizen (Silver City Hefe). I'd drink one of my HB but as I said pipeline is getting low.

Anyhow Merry Christmas everyone, I'm very greatful to have this wonderful new hobby this year (my friends who all recieved some of my brew this Christmas better be damn well just as greatful :p )

Making the last brew of 2011 a big, juicy IPA. Looking forward to opening the big-ass 16 oz bag of Citra in the freezer.

Making the last brew of 2011 a big, juicy IPA. Looking forward to opening the big-ass 16 oz bag of Citra in the freezer.

Ok this might be heresy here but I've always found the smell of hops to be a bit unpleasant, not totally so just...I'm not sure how to explain it. In addition for the longest time I thought I didn't like IPAs all together (Likely just one commercial IPA I drank early in my beer drinking experience). I only recently tried some and found that I do not dislike them. I've had a couple that I've enjoyed and a couple that have been rather dull, but nothing outright gross.

Fast forward to today, I opened a bottle of Fish Tale organic IPA and it smells just like a bag of hops, I thought for sure I wouldn't like it. OMG its fantastic. it tastes just like it smells but for some reason its different then the standard bag of hops smell....or maybe I'm just becoming use to it. Thought that doesn't quite make sense cause its not just okay, its great!!!

I think this beer just officially explained to me what the obsession with hops is all about.

IPA for me as well - tomorrow I'll be mashed in early and digging into the hop shipment I got this week. Summit, Cascade and Amarillo anyone?

currently mashing an amber. first all-grain with a recipe from the LHBS, we'll see what happens.
Also the first time with my new bayou burner, so it's going much faster.

Im off all week so I consider it a weekend. Ill be brewing 11 gallons of a brown ale im not so sure about at this point. Im attempting a spinoff of lagunitas wilco tango foxtrot.

Not technically the weekend but we have Monday 1/2 off. Planning on brewing an IPA with Nelson Sauvin and a Saison with rosemary and thyme.

Doing an experimental lawnmower beer: 70/30 blend of Belgian pilsner and Maris Otter, mash at 149ish for 90 mins, 90 min boil, and a generous addition of Centennial at 60 and a small addition at 10.

I've done a couple all pilsner beers and a couple of Maris Otter/Centennial smashes, so I'm pretty confident this'll be good.

Oh, and I'm bottling my first-ever batch of Brandon O's Graff.

Received a Best Beer or Best Brew kit from my in_laws for Christmas. English Brown. First time with this product and dry yeast. Will have a go at it tomorrow. Just bottled a Surly Cynic 2 weeks ago and that is going quite fast.

On Jan 1st I'll be doing yoopers pale ale. Football and brewing, what could be better. This will be part of my brew years resolution do hit the legal cap and do 200g of beer

Made a Mt Hood pale ale. After bottleing my Digemans EKG pale. Re-harvesting wlp005 british,im likeing this yeast alot.

Brewing right now, last beer of 2011, my own simple IPA, I'm gona use Windsor yeast and I'm little scared, there is a lot of animosity for this yeast on line

Brewing right now, last beer of 2011, my own simple IPA, I'm gona use Windsor yeast and I'm little scared, there is a lot of animosity for this yeast on line

It worked for me.Was only as estery as 04 if that.

My brewing buddy is out of town and just sent an ESP clone! Loox like a new years brew with my Shmbo.

I'm brewing an AG BIAB double chocolate stout tomorrow night or saturday morning depending on when my grains arrive.. Hurry up grains!!

Hoping to brew an America Wheat Beer with an orange zest addition this weekend

Gonna brew the EdWort Haus Pale Ale on Sunday. Have to finish a little work on my brewstand, and then get grains from the local HBS, since my Midwest Supplies order got delayed somehow.. all good! Gotra support the local shops too!

Brewing a MO SMaSH this weekend... Planning on using Wyeast 1768-PC in it (I have two packets left). Making it an ESB since I'm also using EKG for the hops.

Just brewed the tiny nipples ipa 7.5%@14 gallon that was the same recipe as my hard nipples iipa @10 gal which was 10%. I started force carbing the iipa today as well. Both these beers were built on a 75% eff and hit 85%.

Back